Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Comparison of native anatomy with recommended safe component orientation in total hip arthroplasty for primary osteoarthritisChristian Merle
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200 A, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany e mail address
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:e172. 2013....
- Prediction of three-dimensional femoral offset from AP pelvis radiographs in primary hip osteoarthritisC Merle
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Radiol 82:1278-85. 2013..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the accuracy and reliability of predicting three-dimensional (3-D) FO from standardised AP pelvis radiographs...
- Influence of surgical approach on postoperative femoral bone remodelling after cementless total hip arthroplastyChristian Merle
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, Heidelberg, Germany
Hip Int 22:545-54. 2012..Femoral periprosthetic BMD is affected by the selected surgical approach in the first postoperative year. This might be attributed to altered femoral loading as a result of differences in intraoperative damage to the abductor muscles...
- Long-term results of cementless femoral reconstruction following intertrochanteric osteotomyChristian Merle
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, Heidelberg, 69118, Germany
Int Orthop 36:1123-8. 2012..The objective of this retrospective cohort study was to assess the long-term outcome of cementless femoral reconstruction in patients with previous intertrochanteric osteotomy (ITO)...
- Femoral offset is underestimated on anteroposterior radiographs of the pelvis but accurately assessed on anteroposterior radiographs of the hipC Merle
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, University of Oxford, Windmill Road, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:477-82. 2012..We, therefore, recommend that additional AP radiographs of the hip are obtained routinely for the pre-operative assessment of femoral offset when templating before total hip replacement...
- Bone remodeling around stable uncemented titanium stems during the second decade after total hip arthroplasty: a DXA study at 12 and 17 yearsC Merle
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, Heidelberg, Germany
Osteoporos Int 22:2879-86. 2011..However, continuous remodeling with limited proximal bone loss (stress-shielding) occurs, predominantly in female patients...
- In vivo serum titanium ion levels following modular neck total hip arthroplasty--10 year results in 67 patientsG W Omlor
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Biomater 9:6278-82. 2013..Further longitudinal studies are needed to evaluate the use of systemic titanium ion levels as an objective diagnostic tool to identify THA failure and to monitor patients following revision surgery...
- Late peri-prosthetic femoral fracture as a major mode of failure in uncemented primary hip replacementM R Streit
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200a, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:178-83. 2011..Further research is required to investigate the risk factors involved in the occurrence of late peri-prosthetic femoral fracture after the implantation of any uncemented stem, and to assess possible methods of prevention...
- Mobile-bearing lateral unicompartmental knee replacement with the Oxford domed tibial component: an independent seriesM R Streit
University of Heidelberg, Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Schlierbacher Landstr 200A, 69118 Heidelberg, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:1356-61. 2012..Patients should be informed about this complication. To avoid dislocations, care must be taken not to elevate the lateral joint line...
- How many different types of femora are there in primary hip osteoarthritis? An active shape modeling studyC Merle
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg, Schlierbacher Landstr 200 A 69118, Heidelberg, Germany Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Orthop Res 32:413-22. 2014..Our data may improve future stem designs that will optimize stem fit and simultaneously allow individual restoration of hip biomechanics...
- [Long-term results of uncemented stems in total hip arthroplasty: analysis of survival rates with a minimum 15-year follow-up]C Merle
Orthopadische Universitatsklinik, Schlierbacher Landstrasse 200 A, 69118, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Orthopade 39:80-6. 2010..With regard to high patient demands and increasing cost pressures in the public health system, long-term outcomes of uncemented femoral stems are crucial to further support their clinical use...