Mareike M Menz
Affiliation: University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- REM Sleep Is Causal to Successful Consolidation of Dangerous and Safety Stimuli and Reduces Return of Fear after ExtinctionMareike M Menz
NeuroimageNord, Department for Systems Neuroscience, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 36:2148-60. 2016..We conclude that sleep, especially REM sleep, is causal to successful consolidation of dangerous and safety stimuli and reduces return of fear after extinction...
- The role of sleep and sleep deprivation in consolidating fear memoriesM M Menz
NeuroimageNord, Institute for Systems Neuroscience, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neuroimage 75:87-96. 2013....
- Got it! Understanding the concept of a toolMareike M Menz
Department for Systems Neuroscience and Neuroimage Nord, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neuroimage 51:1438-44. 2010..We demonstrate that understanding the function of a new tool does not rely on known semantic or motor networks involved in processing tool use...
- Sleep deprivation is associated with attenuated parametric valuation and control signals in the midbrain during value-based decision makingMareike M Menz
NeuroimageNord, Department of Systems Neuroscience, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 32:6937-46. 2012..Conflict-related midbrain signals showed a similar downregulation. Findings are discussed with respect to changes in dopaminergic signaling associated with the sleep-deprived state...
- Grasping language--a short story on embodimentDoreen Jirak
Department of Systems Neuroscience and Neuroimage Nord, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Conscious Cogn 19:711-20. 2010....