Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Reproducibility of wrist home blood pressure measurement with position sensor and automatic data storageSakir Uen
Department of Cardiology and Vascular Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:20. 2009..However some wrist devices have been successfully validated using established validation protocols. Therefore this study assessed the reproducibility of wrist home BP measurement with position sensor and automatic data storage...
- Significance of blood pressure self-measurement as compared with office blood pressure measurement and ambulatory 24-hour blood pressure measurement in pharmacological studiesThomas Mengden
Department of Internal Medicine, University Clinic, Bonn, Germany
Blood Press Monit 8:169-72. 2003..Data management, data analysis and monitoring in pharmacological studies are facilitated by instruments with automatic data storage which allows telemonitoring...
- Management of patients with uncontrolled arterial hypertension--the role of electronic compliance monitoring, 24-h ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and Candesartan/HCTZThomas Mengden
Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 6:36. 2006..To observe the consequences in uncontrolled patients of switching one drug of the combination therapy to candesartan/HCTZ (16 mg/12.5 mg) with and without a compliance intervention program...
- Telemonitoring of blood pressure self measurement in the OLMETEL studyThomas Mengden
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Blood Press Monit 9:321-5. 2004..To investigate the feasibility of blood pressure (BP) telemonitoring in previous uncontrolled hypertensives treated with olmesartan medoxomil in a clinical practice setting...
- ST-segment depression in hypertensive patients is linked to elevations in blood pressure, pulse pressure and double product by 24-h Cardiotens monitoringSakir Uen
Department of Internal Medicine, University Clinic, Bonn, Germany
J Hypertens 21:977-83. 2003..The aim of the present study was to identify determinants of ST-segment depression with a new ambulatory device for simultaneous 24-h electrocardiogram (ECG) and BP monitoring...
- Changes in antihypertensive therapy--the role of adverse effects and complianceR Dusing
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Bonn, Germany
Blood Press 7:313-5. 1998..In addition, forgetfulness was shown to be an important contributor to suboptimal compliance. Lastly, physicians may still underestimate the extent of non-compliance...
- [Your patient self-monitors his blood pressure. Other limit values are applicable]S Un
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn
MMW Fortschr Med 142:28-30. 2000..For diagnostic purposes, a measurement rate of at least 12 per week is mandatory...
- [Arterial stiffness in arterial hypertension. A new risk factor for left ventricular hypertrophy and cardiac insufficiency?]J Baulmann
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:447-52. 2004
- [Lowering of blood pressure, blood pressure amplitude and heart rate by treatment with valsartan or valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide. Results of an open observation study of 11,447 hypertensives]B Weisser
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitat Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:541-4. 2003..In addition, the effect on pulse pressure, heart rate and mean blood pressure were recorded as independent markers of cardiovascular risk...
- [Effect of candesartan cilexetil with hydrochlorothiazide on blood pressure and ST-segment depression in patients with arterial hypertension]S Uen
Abteilung für Hypertonie und Angiologie, Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik der Universität Bonn
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:81-6. 2007..blood pressure and ST-segment depression during daily life of patients with treated but not controlled arterial hypertension (blood pressure taken at doctor's practice (3)140/90 mmHg, despite being on at least two antihypertensive drugs)..
- Pulse wave velocity is increased in patients with transient myocardial ischemiaJohannes Baulmann
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Bonn, Germany bInstitute for Medical Statistics, University of Bonn, Germany
J Hypertens 24:2085-90. 2006..Aortic pulse wave velocity (PWV) is a measure of arterial stiffness, and augmentation index (AIx) an indication of arterial wave reflection. Both are indicators for cardiovascular risk...
- Early morning surge and dipping status of blood pressure: are these of predictive value for silent myocardial ischemia?Sakir Uen
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 11:351-7. 2009..05). In the present study, MS and dipping status of BP were not associated with ST depression. ST depression was, however, characterized by significantly higher BP peaks in the early morning hours...
- Simultaneous recording of blood pressure and ST-segment with combined, triggered ambulatory 24-h devicesSakir Uen
Department of Internal Medicine, University Clinic, Wilhelmstr, 35 37, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Blood Press Monit 8:41-4. 2003..Furthermore, requirements for combined devices allowing simultaneous ambulatory 24-h ECG and ABPM are defined...
- Evaluation of the performance of a wrist blood pressure measuring device with a position sensor compared to ambulatory 24-hour blood pressure measurementsSakir Uen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Hypertens 15:787-92. 2002..The rates of false classification of normotension/hypertension with the wrist device were small and at least as reliable as office measurements...
- ST segment depression in hypertensive patients: a comparison of exercise test versus Holter ECGSakir Uen
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine II, University Clinic, Bonn, Germany
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:1073-80. 2008..This study compared ST segment depression (ST depression) during cycle ergometry (ergometry) versus simultaneous 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure measurement and electrocardiogram recording (24-h ABPM/ECG) during everyday life...
- Myocardial ischemia during everyday life in patients with arterial hypertension: prevalence, risk factors, triggering mechanism and circadian variabilitySakir Uen
Division of Hypertension and Vascular Medicine, Medizinische Poliklinik
Blood Press Monit 11:173-82. 2006....
- Reliability of reporting self-measured blood pressure values by hypertensive patientsT Mengden
Department of Internal Medicine, Medizinische Poliklinik, Bonn, Germany
Am J Hypertens 11:1413-7. 1998..Our results demonstrate a substantial observer error in the reporting of self-measured blood pressure values. This bias may be reduced by memory-equipped blood pressure devices...
- A new oscillometric method for assessment of arterial stiffness: comparison with tonometric and piezo-electronic methodsJohannes Baulmann
University Clinic Bonn, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypertension and Vascular Medicine, Bonn, Germany
J Hypertens 26:523-8. 2008....
- The virtual hypertension clinicMiklos Illyes
Cardiac Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences of the Semmelweis University of Budapest, Hungary
Blood Press Monit 7:67-8. 2002..Regular communication between the health care team and the patient can contribute to make the virtual hypertension clinic become a reality and to substantially improve HT control rates...
- European Society of Hypertension guidelines for blood pressure monitoring at home: a summary report of the Second International Consensus Conference on Home Blood Pressure MonitoringGianfranco Parati
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca Centro Interuniversitario di Fisiologia Clinica e Ipertensione, Milan, Italy
J Hypertens 26:1505-26. 2008..The final section deals with the problems related to the implementation of these recommendations in clinical practice...
- Practice guidelines of the European Society of Hypertension for clinic, ambulatory and self blood pressure measurementEoin O'Brien
Beaumont Hospital and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons, Beaumont Road, Dublin 9, Ireland
J Hypertens 23:697-701. 2005
- European Society of Hypertension recommendations for conventional, ambulatory and home blood pressure measurementEoin O'Brien
J Hypertens 21:821-48. 2003
- Relationship between the frequency of blood pressure self-measurement and blood pressure reduction with antihypertensive therapy : results of the OLMETEL (OLMEsartan TELemonitoring blood pressure) studySilke Ewald
Sankyo Pharma GmbH, Munich, Germany
Clin Drug Investig 26:439-46. 2006....
- Morning blood pressure surge and the risk of strokeThomas Mengden
Circulation 108:e110-1; author reply e110-1. 2003
- Working Group on Blood Pressure Monitoring of the European Society of Hypertension International Protocol for validation of blood pressure measuring devices in adultsEoin O'Brien
Blood Pressure Unit, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Blood Press Monit 7:3-17. 2002
- Self monitoring of blood pressure at homeGeorge Stergiou
BMJ 329:870-1. 2004