Affiliation: University Hospital
- Comparison of three commercial assays for the measurement of 17alpha-hydroxyprogesterone (17alpha-OHPR): limitations of the quality control systemUrsula Meier
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry and Central Laboratory, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:450-4. 2004..The results show that internal and external quality control systems are not sufficient to resolve analytical problems described in this study...
- Endocrine regulation of energy metabolism: review of pathobiochemical and clinical chemical aspects of leptin, ghrelin, adiponectin, and resistinUrsula Meier
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Rhenish Westphalian Technical University, University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074, Germany
Clin Chem 50:1511-25. 2004..Recent studies point to the adipose tissue as a highly active endocrine organ secreting a range of hormones. Leptin, ghrelin, adiponectin, and resistin are considered to take part in the regulation of energy metabolism...
- Gc-globulin: roles in response to injuryUrsula Meier
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry and Central Laboratory, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Clin Chem 52:1247-53. 2006..Approach: We reviewed recent studies focusing on the pathophysiologic functions and clinical significance of Gc-globulin...
- Argininosuccinate lyase deficiency (ASL) and carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT): experience with four independent CDT analysis methods--misleading results given by the %CDT TIA assayTorsten Arndt
Bioscientia GmbH, Konrad Adenauer Strasse 17, 55218 Ingelheim, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 373:117-20. 2006..We tested whether argininosuccinate lyase deficiency (ASL), a genetic disorder of the urea cycle with hepatomegaly and biochemical hepatitis, causes increased CDT results and whether this depends on the analytical method...
- Gc-globulin concentrations and C5 haplotype-tagging polymorphisms contribute to variations in serum activity of complement factor C5Olav Gressner
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Bonn, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, Bonn, Germany
Clin Biochem 40:771-5. 2007..To investigate the role of Gc-globulin and C5 gene variants as co-factors in the regulation of profibrogenic C5 serum activities...