Affiliation: University of Munich
- Bovine polledness--an autosomal dominant trait with allelic heterogeneityIvica Medugorac
Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e39477. 2012..The distribution of genotypes of the two putative POLLED alleles in large semi-random sample (1,261 animals) supports the hypothesis of two independent mutations...
- A heuristic two-dimensional presentation of microsatellite-based data applied to dogs and wolvesClaudia E Veit Kensch
Institute for Animal Breeding, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, The Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinaerstr 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 39:447-63. 2007..We expect that the inference of population structure in domesticated species with complex breeding histories can be strongly supported by the two-dimensional presentation based on the described heuristic method...
- Mapping of the bovine spinal muscular atrophy locus to Chromosome 24Ivica Medugorac
Lehrstuhl für Tierzucht und Allgemeine Landwirtschaftslehre, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Veterinarstr 13, D 80539 Munchen, Germany
Mamm Genome 14:383-91. 2003..Our findings offer an attractive animal model for a better understanding of human forms of SMA and for a probable anti-apoptotic synergy of SMN-BCL2 aggregates in mammals...
- Genetic diversity of European cattle breeds highlights the conservation value of traditional unselected breeds with high effective population sizeIvica Medugorac
Chair of Animal Genetics and Husbandry, The Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Mol Ecol 18:3394-410. 2009....
- Fine-mapping and candidate gene analysis of bovine spinal muscular atrophyStefan Krebs
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Institute for Animal Breeding, The Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinaerstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Mamm Genome 17:67-76. 2006....
- RNaseCut: a MALDI mass spectrometry-based method for SNP discoveryStefan Krebs
Institute for Animal Breeding, Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University, Veterinarstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e37. 2003....
- Mapping of a milk production quantitative trait locus to a 1.056 Mb region on bovine chromosome 5 in the Fleckvieh dual purpose cattle breedAshraf Awad
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Veterinärstr, 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Genet Sel Evol 43:8. 2011..Our objective here was to refine the position of this QTL and to define the candidate region for high-throughput sequencing...
- A missense mutation in the 3-ketodihydrosphingosine reductase FVT1 as candidate causal mutation for bovine spinal muscular atrophyStefan Krebs
Institute for Animal Breeding, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Veterinarstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6746-51. 2007..This result provides an animal model for understanding the underlying mechanisms of the development of SMA and will allow efficient selection against the disease in cattle...