Affiliation: University of Munich
- Characteristic pattern of genetic aberrations in ovarian granulosa cell tumorsD Mayr
Pathological Institute, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Mod Pathol 15:951-7. 2002..In summary, our study reveals a distinctive pattern of cytogenetic alterations in GCT. Our observations confirm earlier reports that trisomy 12 and 14 are frequent aberrations; however, monosomy 22 seemingly is even more prevalent...
- Staining of MUC1 in ovarian cancer tissues with PankoMab-GEX detecting the tumour-associated epitope, TA-MUC1, as compared to antibodies HMFG-1 and 115D8Darius Dian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Histol Histopathol 28:239-44. 2013..The findings are encouraging with respect to a potential use of PankoMab-GEX as a new therapeutic antibody for the treatment of ovarian cancer patients...
- Thyroid hormone receptor (TR)alpha and TRbeta expression in breast cancerNina Ditsch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Großhadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Histol Histopathol 28:227-37. 2013..Discussion: Our results revealed specific alterations in the expression of TRs - especially of TRalpha2 - in breast cancer patients, suggesting it as a marker with possible prognostic validity...
- Topoisomerase IIalpha expression rather than gene amplification predicts responsiveness of adjuvant anthracycline-based chemotherapy in women with primary breast cancerChristian Schindlbeck
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Campus Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Maistrasse 11, 80337 Munich, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1029-37. 2010..We propose that the overexpression of the TopIIa protein or amplification of the TopIIa gene may be useful in predicting increased responsiveness towards AbCTX...
- [An unusual breast tumor]T R C Johnson
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum Grosshadern der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munchen, Deutschland
Radiologe 49:942-5. 2009..The presented case shows how difficult it can be to diagnose rare diseases if they present with masses in atypical locations. In an extensive further diagnostic workup other characteristic findings then point to the correct diagnosis...
- Relapse and survival in early-stage ovarian cancerS Miriam Lenhard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Campus Grosshadern, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich 80337, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 280:71-7. 2009..To analyze the prognostic influence of patient characteristics, diagnostic markers or therapeutic procedures in women diagnosed with early ovarian cancer based on relapse and survival in long term follow-up...
- HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcomaU Seybold
Division of Infectious Diseases, Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universität LMU Munich, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336, Munich, Germany
Infection 36:96-7. 2008
- HER-2/neu gene amplification in ovarian tumours: a comprehensive immunohistochemical and FISH analysis on tissue microarraysD Mayr
Sloning BioTechnology GmbH, Puchheim, Germany
Histopathology 48:149-56. 2006..Therefore we assessed HER-2/neu expression and amplification in a large series of ovarian tumours by using tissue microarrays (TMAs)...
- [Schistosomiasis in a leiomyoma of the uterus]D Mayr
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Pathologe 26:300-3. 2005..After pathological diagnosis the patient underwent the standard therapy with a single injection of praziquantel. We report about the clinic, epidemiology, morphology and diagnostic...
- Expression of the carbohydrate tumour marker Sialyl Lewis A, Sialyl Lewis X, Lewis Y and Thomsen-Friedenreich antigen in normal squamous epithelium of the uterine cervix, cervical dysplasia and cervical cancerV Engelstaedter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Campus Innenstadt, Munich, Germany
Histol Histopathol 27:507-14. 2012..005). This is the first study on the expression of SLeA, SLeX, LeY and TF in normal cervical endothelium, cervical dysplasia, carcinoma in situ and invasive cervical cancer. Further studies and higher numbers are desirable...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of drug resistance-associated proteins in ovarian carcinomasD Mayr
Pathological Institute, University of Munich, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 196:469-75. 2000..Our observations confirm the prognostic significance of p53 accumulation in ovarian carcinomas. Only GSTpi immunoreactivity was significantly correlated with drug resistance...
- Retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRα) and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARγ) expression in breast cancer: an immunohistochemical studyN Ditsch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Grosshadern Campus, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
In Vivo 26:87-92. 2012..The aim of the study was to assess the presence of these molecules in human breast cancer specimens and correlate them with major clinicopathological features...
- Development and characterization of monoclonal antibodies for the immunohistochemical detection of glycodelin A in decidual, endometrial and gynaecological tumour tissuesU Jeschke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Histopathology 48:394-406. 2006..Because no monoclonal antibodies for glycodelin A are commercially available, our aim was to develop and characterize three monoclonal antibodies against this glycoprotein...
- Analysis of HER-2/neu amplification in endometrial carcinoma by chromogenic in situ hybridization. Correlation with fluorescence in situ hybridization, HER-2/neu, p53 and Ki-67 protein expression, and outcomeG Peiro
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Munchen, Germany
Mod Pathol 17:227-87. 2004..FISH analysis in (2+) cases but negative by CISH may detect additional tumours with low-level amplification...
- High-resolution breast tomography at high energy: a feasibility study of phase contrast imaging on a whole breastA Sztrokay
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Phys Med Biol 57:2931-42. 2012..These results are an important step in the evolution of PCI-CT towards its clinical implementation...
- Prognostic relevance of hMLH1, hMSH2, and BAX protein expression in endometrial carcinomaG Peiro
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Thalkirchnerstr 36, D 80337 Munich, Germany
Mod Pathol 14:777-83. 2001..027). Our results suggest that loss of function of hMLH1 and Bax occur in a subgroup of endometrial carcinoma. In addition to the classical prognostic factors, absence of hMLH1 expression is associated with better outcome of patients...