Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Ergonomics: requirements for adjusting the height of laparoscopic operating tablesU Matern
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital of Freiburg, Germany
JSLS 5:7-12. 2001..The goal of this study was to establish the most ergonomic table height for the particular physique of the surgeon and the different types of laparoscopic instrument handles that he or she uses...
- Ergonomic aspects of five different types of laparoscopic instrument handles under dynamic conditions with respect to specific laparoscopic tasks: an electromyographic-based studyU Matern
Study Group Surgical Technologies, Department of General Surgery, Univ Hospital Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106, Freiburg i Br, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:1231-41. 2004..In the past, many studies have been performed to gain a better understanding of ergonomics in MIS. The current study investigates muscle strain during various dynamic tasks with different instrument handles...
- Monitor position in laparoscopic surgeryU Matern
Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Tuebingen, Waldhoernlestrasse 22, Tuebingen 72072, Germany
Surg Endosc 19:436-40. 2005..One of the key problems in laparoscopy is the ergonomic positioning of the monitor. In this study we tested task performance and muscle strain of subjects in relation to monitor position during laparoscopic surgery...
- [Working posture of laparoscopy-practicing surgeons: ideal and reality]U Matern
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Chirurgische Technologien, Abteilung Allgemeine Chirurgie mit Poliklinik, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Freiburg
Zentralbl Chir 125:698-701. 2000..The authors want to draw attention to the insufficiencies of the laparoscopic working place. Due to missing resources until now no general concept has been developed that meets current standards...
- Scyptolin A and B, cyclic depsipeptides from axenic cultures of Scytonema hofmanni PCC 7110U Matern
Institut für Biologie II Mikrobiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Schanzlestrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Phytochemistry 58:1087-95. 2001..In scyptolin B, the hydroxyl of the Thr(3) residue is additionally esterified with N-butyroyl-Ala. Both scyptolin A and B exhibit selective inhibition of porcine pancreatic elastase in vitro with IC(50) values of 3.1 microg/ml...
- Ergonomic aspects of four different types of laparoscopic instrument handles with respect to elbow angle. An electromyogram-based studyU Matern
Department of General Surgery, Study Group Surgical Technologies, University Hospital Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Surg Endosc 16:1528-32. 2002..The current study aimed to investigate whether certain handles do not support this posture...
- A new method for extracting wooden foreign bodies from the upper esophagusU Matern
Dept of General Surgery, University Hospital of Freiburg, Germany
Endoscopy 32:1002-3. 2000..This method is ineffective for the removal of pieces of meat...