Affiliation: University Hospital
- C-peptide levels are associated with mortality and cardiovascular mortality in patients undergoing angiography: the LURIC studyNikolaus Marx
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Diabetes Care 36:708-14. 2013..Recent data suggest that C-peptide could play a causal role in the pathophysiology of vascular disease, but nothing is known about the prognostic value of C-peptide concentrations in the circulation...
- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system antagonists and the prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitusRobert Stöhr
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 74 Aachen, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 18:958-62. 2012....
- PPARgamma activation attenuates T-lymphocyte-dependent inflammation of adipose tissue and development of insulin resistance in obese miceAnna Foryst-Ludwig
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Pharmacology Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:64. 2010....
- Glucagon-like peptide-1(1-37) inhibits chemokine-induced migration of human CD4-positive lymphocytesNikolaus Marx
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University of Aachen, Pauwelstr 30, Aachen, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:3549-55. 2010..This effect provides a potential novel mechanism for how GLP-1(1-37) may modulate vascular disease...
- Electrical stimulation of sympathetic neurons induces autocrine/paracrine effects of NGF mediated by TrkAErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, University RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:79-87. 2010..In summary, this study provides evidence that high-rate electrical stimulation of sympathetic neurons mediates nerve sprouting by an increase in NGF expression that targets the TrkA receptor in an autocrine/paracrine manner...
- Electrocardiographic and imaging predictors for permanent pacemaker requirement after transcatheter aortic valve implantationRalf Koos
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, RWTH University Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Heart Valve Dis 20:83-90. 2011..Pacemaker (PM) implantation is a possible requirement after transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI). The study aim was to evaluate the electrocardiographic and imaging predictors of the need for PM implantation after TAVI...
- Sympathetic neurons express and secrete MMP-2 and MT1-MMP to control nerve sprouting via pro-NGF conversionErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, Medical Clinic I, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:17-25. 2011..In summary, specific MMP-2 blockade prevents sympathetic nerve sprouting (SNS) by inhibition of pro-NGF conversion while losartan abolishes HFES-induced SNS by reducing total NGF, MMP-2 and MT1-MMP expression...
- The right ventricular response to high afterload: comparison between healthy persons and patients with transposition of the great arteries: a 2D strain studyMichael Becker
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Echocardiography 27:1256-62. 2010..To evaluate the contraction pattern of the systemic right ventricle (RV) in comparison to healthy controls...
- Acetylcholine as an age-dependent non-neuronal source in the heartObaida R Rana
Department of Cardiology, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, 52074, Germany
Auton Neurosci 156:82-9. 2010..This finding may provide new physiological/pathological aspects in the communication between cardiomyocytes and other cell types in the myocardium, e.g. fibrocytes, neurocytes or endothelial cells...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1(9-36) inhibits chemokine-induced migration of human CD4-positive lymphocytesAna Liberman
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e58445. 2013..Thus, the present study examined the effect of GLP-1(9-36) on chemokine-induced CD4-positive lymphocyte migration as one of the early and critical steps in atherogenesis...
- Predictors and incidence of stent edge dissections in patients with type 2 diabetes as determined by optical coherence tomographySebastian Reith
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of the RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 29:1237-47. 2013....
- Long-term outcome after angiographically proven coronary stent thrombosisMohammad Almalla
Department of Cardiology, Pneumology, Angiology, Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Am J Cardiol 111:1289-94. 2013..12, 95% CI 1.01 to 1.27, p = 0.0321). In conclusion, ST was associated with detrimental outcomes in the acute phase as well as the long-term phase. Recurrent ST was not infrequent...
- Efficacy and safety of transcatheter coil embolization in congenital coronary artery fistulas guided by preinterventional cardiac computed tomographySebastian Reith
Department of Cardiology Medical Clinic I, University Hospital of the RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
Coron Artery Dis 24:422-30. 2013....