Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- The aldo-keto reductase AKR1B7 coexpresses with renin without influencing renin production and secretionKatharina Machura
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Regensburg, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F578-84. 2013..In summary, our data suggest that AKR1B7 is not of major relevance for the regulation of renin production and secretion in spite of its striking coregulation with renin expression...
- Role of blood pressure in mediating the influence of salt intake on renin expression in the kidneyKatharina Machura
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Regensburg, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 302:F1278-85. 2012..These findings suggest that changes in preglomerular blood pressure may be an important mediator of the influence of salt intake on the number and distribution of renin-producing cells in the kidney...
- Procollagen I-expressing renin cell precursorsChristian Karger
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F355-61. 2013..A few of those PC1-positive cells were found also in adult wild-type kidneys in the juxtaglomerular lacis cell area, in which renin expression can be induced on demand. ..
- Renin expression in large renal vessels during fetal development depends on functional beta1/beta2-adrenergic receptorsBjörn Neubauer
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Regensburg, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F71-7. 2011..Furthermore, β-adrenergic receptor input is critical for the expression of renin in large renal vessels during early fetal development...
- Development of vascular renin expression in the kidney critically depends on the cyclic AMP pathwayBjörn Neubauer
Department of Physiology, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F1006-12. 2009....