Affiliation: University of Bayreuth
- Krapfen/dMyd88 is required for the establishment of dorsoventral pattern in the Drosophila embryoIphigenie Charatsi
Abteilung Genetik, Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Spemannstrasse 35, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Mech Dev 120:219-26. 2003..Tube in turn interacts with its downstream effector Pelle through death domain association. We therefore suggest that upon Toll activation, Kra associates with Pelle and Tube, in an heterotrimeric complex...
- serpentine and vermiform encode matrix proteins with chitin binding and deacetylation domains that limit tracheal tube length in DrosophilaStefan Luschnig
Bayreuther Zentrum für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Department of Genetics, University of Bayreuth, D 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Curr Biol 16:186-94. 2006....
- Requirement for chitin biosynthesis in epithelial tube morphogenesisW Patrick Devine
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5307, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17014-9. 2005..These findings show that chitin regulates epithelial tube morphogenesis, in addition to its classical role protecting mature epithelia...
- Pumilio binds para mRNA and requires Nanos and Brat to regulate sodium current in Drosophila motoneuronsNara I Muraro
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:2099-109. 2008....
- Drosophila brakeless interacts with atrophin and is required for tailless-mediated transcriptional repression in early embryosAchim Haecker
Developmental Biology, Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS Biol 5:e145. 2007..We discuss the possibility that human Brakeless homologs may influence the toxicity of polyglutamine-expanded Atrophin-1, which causes the human neurodegenerative disease dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA)...
- Genome-wide identification of mRNAs associated with the translational regulator PUMILIO in Drosophila melanogasterAndre P Gerber
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4487-92. 2006..The results suggest extensive posttranscriptional regulation by PUMILIO and uncover evolutionary features of this conserved family of RNA-binding proteins...
- Gamma-tubulin37C and gamma-tubulin ring complex protein 75 are essential for bicoid RNA localization during drosophila oogenesisFrank Schnorrer
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Abteilung Genetik, Spemannstr 35, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Dev Cell 3:685-96. 2002..At stage 10b, we find gammaTub37C and Dgrip75 anteriorly concentrated and propose the formation of a microtubule-organizing center at the anterior pole of the oocyte...
- Drosophila p24 homologues eclair and baiser are necessary for the activity of the maternally expressed Tkv receptor during early embryogenesisSławomir Bartoszewski
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Abteilung Genetik, Spemannstr 35 III, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Mech Dev 121:1259-73. 2004..The dependence of maternal Tkv protein on the products of p24 genes may serve as an in vivo model for studying p24 proteins...
- Branching morphogenesis of the Drosophila tracheal systemAmin Ghabrial
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5307, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19:623-47. 2003....
- Wollknauel is required for embryo patterning and encodes the Drosophila ALG5 UDP-glucose:dolichyl-phosphate glucosyltransferaseAchim Haecker
Stockholm University, Wenner Gren Institute, Developmental Biology, Svante Arrhenius Väg 16 18, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Development 135:1745-9. 2008..According to this view, inappropriate UPR activation can cause specific patterning defects during embryo development...