Affiliation: University Hospital
- Becoming a general practitioner--which factors have most impact on career choice of medical students?Kathrin Kiolbassa
Department of General Practice and Health Services Research, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 12:25. 2011..The factors influencing the career choice of German medical students are poorly understood. This study aims to identify factors influencing medical students' specialty choice laying a special focus on general practice...
- Patient and citizen participation in German health care--current state and future perspectivesAndreas Loh
University Medical Centre Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, Germany
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 101:229-35. 2007..Supported by health politics and the utilisation of scientific evidence shared decision-making's transfer into practice is considered to be relevant to the German health care system...
- The assessment of depressive patients' involvement in decision making in audio-taped primary care consultationsAndreas Loh
University Hospital of Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 63:314-8. 2006..However, there is a lack of empirical information about the extent to which general practitioners involve patients in decision making processes in this condition, and about the consultation time spent for distinct decision making tasks...
- The impact of patient participation on adherence and clinical outcome in primary care of depressionAndreas Loh
University Hospital of Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 65:69-78. 2007..The study aim was to evaluate the impact of patient participation on these factors and to determine the variance of clinical outcome as the primary outcome variable...
- The effects of a shared decision-making intervention in primary care of depression: a cluster-randomized controlled trialAndreas Loh
University Hospital of Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, Freiburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 67:324-32. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess, if patient participation in decision-making via a shared decision-making intervention leads to improved treatment adherence, satisfaction, and clinical outcome without increasing consultation time...
- Effectiveness of a web-based, individually tailored decision aid for depression or acute low back pain: a randomized controlled trialDaniela Simon
University Medical Center Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Freiburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 87:360-8. 2012..To evaluate the effectiveness of a web-based, individually tailored decision aid (Patient Dialogue) on depression or acute low back pain for insurees of a German sickness fund...
- Depressed patients' perceptions of depression treatment decision-makingDaniela Simon
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Health Expect 10:62-74. 2007..Within a goal of informing the design of a SDM intervention, the objective of this study was to investigate depressed patients' perceptions of the treatment decision-making process with general practitioners (GPs)...
- Measuring (shared) decision-making--a review of psychometric instrumentsDaniela Simon
University Medical Centre Freiburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 101:259-67. 2007..Although this review is not exhaustive, it presents a variety of available decision-making instruments. Yet, many of them still need to show their psychometric quality for other settings in further studies...
- Confirmatory factor analysis and recommendations for improvement of the Autonomy-Preference-Index (API)Daniela Simon
Section of Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Health Expect 13:234-43. 2010..Validation of the German version of the Autonomy-Preference-Index (API), a measure of patients' preferences for decision making and information seeking...
- Implementation of shared decision making by physician training to optimise hypertension treatment. Study protocol of a cluster-RCTIris Tinsel
Department of Medicine, Division of General Practice, University Medical Centre Freiburg, Elsässerstr, 2 m, Freiburg, 79110, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:73. 2012..Until now there exists little information on the effects of shared decision making trainings for general practitioners on patient participation and on lowering blood pressure in hypertensive patients...
- Participation preferences of patients with acute and chronic conditionsJohannes Hamann
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der TU München, Munchen, Germany
Health Expect 10:358-63. 2007..There is little knowledge as to whether the chronicity of a disease affects patients' desire for participation...
- [Measuring shared decision making]Nadja Giersdorf
Abteilung für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Freiburg
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 98:135-41. 2004..Further research efforts on the methodological field now focus on the integration of these results with a new measuring instrument and the validation of this tool...
- [Information and participation interests of patients with depression in clinical decision making in primary care]Andreas Loh
Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Abteilung Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Freiburg
Z Arztl Fortbild Qualitatssich 98:101-7. 2004..The implementation of shared decision making in the primary care of depressive patients is reasonable and will be realised and evaluated within the scope of a targeted continuing education program for general practitioners...