Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Predictors of overweight and obesity in five to seven-year-old children in Germany: results from cross-sectional studiesChristian J Apfelbacher
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine LSHTM, Keppel Street, London WC1E, UK
BMC Public Health 8:171. 2008..Childhood obesity is a serious public health problem and epidemiological studies are important to identify predictive factors. It is the aim of this study to analyse factors associated with overweight/obesity in samples of German children...
- Obesity and adult asthma: potential effect modification by gender, but not by hay feverAdrian Loerbroks
Institute of Psychology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Epidemiol 18:283-9. 2008....
- Depressive symptoms, social support, and risk of adult asthma in a population-based cohort studyAdrian Loerbroks
MSc, Mannheim Institute of Public Health, Social and Preventive Medicine, Mannheim Medical Faculty, Heidelberg University, Ludolf Krehl Strasse 7 11, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Psychosom Med 72:309-15. 2010..This relationship could be mediated by health behaviors and/or inflammatory processes. Evidence from prospective cohort studies on depressive symptoms and social support in relation to asthma risk in adults remains sparse...
- The fruits of ones labor: Effort-reward imbalance but not job strain is related to heart rate variability across the day in 35-44-year-old workersAdrian Loerbroks
Mannheim Institute of Public Health, Social and Preventive Medicine, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
J Psychosom Res 69:151-9. 2010..Similar age specificity may apply to the relation between work stress and heart rate variability (HRV), but data on this issue is sparse. We aimed to assess the age-specificity of the work stress-HRV association in greater detail...
- Associations between job strain and the cortisol/DHEA-S ratio among management and nonmanagement personnelMichael C Gadinger
Mannheim Institute for Public Health, Social and Preventive Medicine, Mannheim Medical Faculty, University of Heidelberg, Ludolf Krehl Strasse 7 11, Mannheim, Germany
Psychosom Med 73:44-52. 2011..To assess associations between the main, nonlinear, and interactive effects of the demand-control-support (DCS) model and the cortisol/dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) ratio, a biomarker of psychophysical well-being...
- Nocturnal sleep duration and cognitive impairment in a population-based study of older adultsAdrian Loerbroks
Institute of Psychology, Heidelberg University, Germany
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 25:100-9. 2010..We aimed to investigate the association between nocturnal sleep duration, changes in nocturnal sleep duration and cognitive impairment in older adults...
- Informed consent affects prevalence estimates in an epidemiological study on chronic pruritus: lessons learned from a pretestChristian J Apfelbacher
Department of Clinical Social Medicine, University Hospital Heidelberg, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Epidemiol 19:754-6. 2009..It was the purpose of this study to compare prevalence estimates of chronic pruritus as obtained from two population-based samples, one being asked and one not being asked to provide written informed consent...
- Alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, and endometrial cancer risk: results from the Netherlands Cohort StudyAdrian Loerbroks
Department of Epidemiology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer Causes Control 18:551-60. 2007..To examine the association between alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, and endometrial cancer...