Affiliation: University of Bonn
- von Kolontaj K, Horvath G, Latz E, BÃ¼scher M. Automated nanoscale flow cytometry for assessing protein-protein interactions. Cytometry A. 2016;89:835-43 pubmed publisher..2016 International Society for Advancement of Cytometry. ..
- Horvath G, Langhoff P, Latz E. Toll-Like Receptor Interactions Measured by Microscopic and Flow Cytometric FRET. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1390:41-64 pubmed publisher..These techniques permit the dynamic visualization of early signaling events in living cells and can be utilized in pharmacological or genetic screens. ..
- Latz E, Xiao T, Stutz A. Activation and regulation of the inflammasomes. Nat Rev Immunol. 2013;13:397-411 pubmed publisher..Extracellular regulatory mechanisms are discussed, as well as the intracellular control of inflammasome assembly, for example, via ion fluxes, free radicals and autophagy. ..
- Labzin L, Heneka M, Latz E. Innate Immunity and Neurodegeneration. Annu Rev Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Expected final online publication date for the Annual Review of Medicine Volume 69 is January 29, 2018. Please see http://www.annualreviews.org/page/journal/pubdates for revised estimates...
- Stutz A, Kolbe C, Stahl R, Horvath G, Franklin B, van Ray O, et al. NLRP3 inflammasome assembly is regulated by phosphorylation of the pyrin domain. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1725-1736 pubmed publisher..These results propose that the balance between kinases and phosphatases acting on the NLRP3 PYD is critical for NLRP3 activation. ..
- PrÃ³chnicki T, Latz E. Inflammasomes on the Crossroads of Innate Immune Recognition and Metabolic Control. Cell Metab. 2017;26:71-93 pubmed publisher..Finally, we summarize the findings on metabolic control of pyrin and point to open questions to be addressed to broaden our understanding of metabolism-inflammasome interactions. ..
- Schmidt F, Latz E. CD14-New Tricks of an Old Acquaintance. Immunity. 2017;47:606-608 pubmed publisher..Their findings reveal CD14 as a regulator of responses to infection and damage, relaying context-dependent signals that determine inflammatory cell fate decisions...
- Christ A, Bekkering S, Latz E, Riksen N. Long-term activation of the innate immune system in atherosclerosis. Semin Immunol. 2016;28:384-93 pubmed publisher..According to this idea the epigenome of myeloid (progenitor) cells is presumably modified for prolonged periods of time, which, in turn, could evoke a condition of continuous immune cell over-activation. ..
- Zimmer S, Grebe A, Bakke S, Bode N, Halvorsen B, Ulas T, et al. Cyclodextrin promotes atherosclerosis regression via macrophage reprogramming. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:333ra50 pubmed publisher..Because CD treatment in humans is safe and CD beneficially affects key mechanisms of atherogenesis, it may therefore be used clinically to prevent or treat human atherosclerosis. ..
- Pelka K, Phulphagar K, Zimmermann J, Stahl R, Schmid Burgk J, Schmidt T, et al. Cutting edge: the UNC93B1 tyrosine-based motif regulates trafficking and TLR responses via separate mechanisms. J Immunol. 2014;193:3257-61 pubmed publisher..However, loss of AP function was not causal for altered TLR responses, suggesting AP-independent functions of YxxÎ¦ in UNC93B1. ..