Affiliation: University of Munich
- FSH regulates acetycholine production by ovarian granulosa cellsArtur Mayerhofer
Anatomisches Institut der Universität München, Deutschland
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:37. 2006..To gain further insights into the possible role of ACh in the ovary, we examined ChAT expression in the gland before and after birth, as well as in adults, and studied the regulation of ACh production by FSH...
- Dopamine receptor repertoire of human granulosa cellsVeronica Rey-Ares
Anatomisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universität LMU, Munchen, Germany
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:40. 2007....
- Ca2+-activated, large conductance K+ channel in the ovary: identification, characterization, and functional involvement in steroidogenesisLars Kunz
Anatomical Institute, University of Munich, D 80802 Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5566-74. 2002..We conclude that BK(Ca) channel activity in GCs is mediated by components of the intraovarian signaling system, thereby interlinking a systemic hormonal and a local neuroendocrine system in control of steroidogenesis...
- Voltage-dependent K+ channel acts as sex steroid sensor in endocrine cells of the human ovaryLars Kunz
Anatomical Institute, University of Munich, Biedersteiner Str 29, Munich, Germany
J Cell Physiol 206:167-74. 2006..Our data might also be important for Kv4 channels in the brain and the cardiovascular system where rapid steroid effects are discussed in the context of prevention of cell death...
- The adenosine 5'-triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel in endocrine cells of the human ovary: role in membrane potential generation and steroidogenesisLars Kunz
Anatomical Institute, University of Munich, Biedersteiner Str 29, D 80802 Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1950-5. 2006....
- A non-neuronal cholinergic system of the ovarian follicleArtur Mayerhofer
Anatomisches Institut der Universität München, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany
Ann Anat 187:521-8. 2005..The present data pinpoint ACh as an emerging, unique intraovarian signalling molecule...
- The expression and biological role of the non-neuronal cholinergic system in the ovaryArtur Mayerhofer
Anatomisches Institut der Universität München, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, D 80802 München, Germany
Life Sci 72:2039-45. 2003..We propose that an as yet unexplored intraovarian cholinergic system exists, which contributes to physiological ovarian tissue remodeling by stimulation of cell proliferation...
- Identification and characterization of Ca2+-activated K+ channels in granulosa cells of the human ovaryMatthias H Traut
Institute for Cell Biology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:28. 2009..g. acetylcholine) via raised intracellular Ca2+ levels. In this study, we aimed at characterizing 1. expression and functions of K(Ca) channels (including BK(Ca) beta-subunits), and 2. biophysical properties of BK(Ca) channels...
- Human tryptase cleaves pro-nerve growth factor (pro-NGF): hints of local, mast cell-dependent regulation of NGF/pro-NGF actionKatrin Spinnler
Institute for Cell Biology and Anatomy, Ludwig Maximilians University, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, D 80802 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:31707-13. 2011..As NGF and pro-NGF have different affinities for their receptors, this indicates a novel way by which mast cells, via tryptase, can modify the microenvironment in human tissues with regard to neurotrophin actions...
- Enterochromaffin cells of the human gut: sensors for spices and odorantsThomas Braun
Institute of Anatomy, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Munich, Germany
Gastroenterology 132:1890-901. 2007....
- Insights into GABA receptor signalling in TM3 Leydig cellsRichard F G Doepner
Anatomisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians University, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, DE-80202 Munich, Germany
Neuroendocrinology 81:381-90. 2005..Thus, GABA acts via an atypical novel signalling pathway in TM3 cells. Further details of this pathway remain to be elucidated...
- Molecular and physiological evidence for functional gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-C receptors in growth hormone-secreting cellsKatia Gamel-Didelon
Anatomisches Institut der Universität München, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:20192-5. 2003..Our results point at a role for GABA in pituitary GH cells and disclose an additional pathway to the one known via GABA-B receptors...
- Muscarinic receptors in human luteinized granulosa cells: activation blocks gap junctions and induces the transcription factor early growth response factor-1Stephanie Fritz
Anatomisches Institut, , D-80802 Munich, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1362-7. 2002....
- Two types of calcium channels in human ovarian endocrine cells: involvement in steroidogenesisAgnes Agoston
, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, , Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4503-12. 2004..Thus, our study provides evidence that human GCs in vivo and in vitro express T- and L-type Ca(2+) channels and that the Ca(v)3.2 (also called alpha(1H)) isoform is involved in a fundamental endocrine function of these cells...