Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Bacterial protein toxins and immune evasion.
Rho GTPase, JAK-STAT and cytokine receptor signalling
- Seubert N, Royer Y, Staerk J, Kubatzky K, Moucadel V, Krishnakumar S, et al. Active and inactive orientations of the transmembrane and cytosolic domains of the erythropoietin receptor dimer. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1239-50 pubmed..The active and inactive conformations were independently identified by computational searches for low-energy TM dimeric structures. We propose a specific EpoR-activated interface and suggest its use for structural and signaling studies. ..
- Hildebrand D, Walker P, Dalpke A, Heeg K, Kubatzky K. Pasteurella multocida Toxin-induced Pim-1 expression disrupts suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS)-1 activity. Cell Microbiol. 2010;12:1732-45 pubmed publisher..Thus we hypothesize that P. multocida Toxin alters host cell signalling using mechanisms that have so far only been known to be employed by oncogenic viral kinases to avoid host immune defence mechanisms...
- Hildebrand D, Kubatzky K. Phospho-Flow Analysis of Primary Mouse Cells After HDAC Inhibitor Treatment. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1510:233-243 pubmed..We provide detailed protocols for the preparation of murine bone marrow cells and the staining of HDACi-treated cells, as well as an insight into the concepts of flow cytometry analysis. ..
- Schirmer B, Giehl K, Kubatzky K. Report of the Signal Transduction Society Meeting 2017-Metabolism in Health and Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Various other aspects of signal transduction were intensively discussed in five additional workshops. Here, we give an overview of the various workshops and further aspects of the scientific program. ..
- Hildebrand D, Bode K, RieÃŸ D, Cerny D, Waldhuber A, RÃ¶mmler F, et al. Granzyme A produces bioactive IL-1Î² through a nonapoptotic inflammasome-independent pathway. Cell Rep. 2014;9:910-7 pubmed publisher..These findings show that macrophages can induce an IL-1?-initiated immune response independently of inflammasome activity. ..
- Kubatzky K. Pasteurella multocida and immune cells. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2012;361:53-72 pubmed publisher..Recently, more attention was drawn to the osteoimmunological effects of PMT and the interplay between bone and immune cells. This review summarises the knowledge of effects of P. multocida virulence factors on the host's immune system...
- Chakraborty S, Kloos B, Roetz N, Schmidt S, Eigenbrod T, Kamitani S, et al. Influence of Pasteurella multocida Toxin on the differentiation of dendritic cells into osteoclasts. Immunobiology. 2018;223:142-150 pubmed publisher..As maturation of DC prevents their transdifferentiation into osteoclasts, we hypothesize that PMT, a potent osteoclastogenic toxin, fails to trigger osteoclastogenesis in DC due to its effect on DC maturation and IL-12 production...