Affiliation: University of Rostock
- Headache in children: update on biobehavioral treatmentsPeter Kropp
Institute of Medical Psychology and Medical Sociology, University Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Neuropediatrics 44:20-4. 2013..They present similar effects as pharmaceutical treatments. In general, when standardized treatment programs are applied, the sessions are highly effective...
- Time-dependent post-imperative negative variation indicates adaptation and problem solving in migraine patientsPeter Kropp
Institute of Medical Psychology and Medical Sociology, Medical Faculty, University of Rostock, Gehlsheimer Straße 20, 18147 Rostock, Germany
J Neural Transm 119:1213-21. 2012..However, this was not the case in healthy controls. In this experimental situation, PINV in migraine patients can be interpreted as an expectancy potential in order to avoid failure and helplessness...
- Cortical habituation deficit in tinnitus sufferers: contingent negative variation as an indicator of duration of the diseasePeter Kropp
Medical Faculty, Institute of Medical Psychology and Medical Sociology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 37:187-93. 2012..We assume that this state indicates a chronicity process in tinnitus disease...
- Slow cortical potentials in migraine. Predictive value and possible novel therapeutic strategies to prevent an attackPeter Kropp
Institute of Medical Psychology and Medical Sociology, University of Rostock, Germany
Funct Neurol 20:193-7. 2005....
- [Biofeedback for headaches]P Kropp
Institut für Medizinische Psychologie und Medizinische Soziologie, Medizinische Fakultät der Universität Rostock, Rostock, Deutschland
Schmerz 24:279-88; quiz 89. 2010..According to more recent meta-analyses biofeedback reveals high evidence in the treatment of migraine or tension-type headache. In these headaches biofeedback procedures are considered highly effective...
- [Does multiple sclerosis facilitate migraine]P Kropp
Institut für Medizinische Psychologie und Medizinische Soziologie, Medizinische Fakultat, Zentrum fur Nervenheilkunde, Rostock
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 79:467-9. 2011..The correlation between affective disorders and epilepsies is known, but the high frequency of migraine in multiple sclerosis should be taken into account when diagnosing central demyelinating disorders...
- Slow cortical potentials in migraine families are associated with psychosocial factorsWolf Dieter Gerber
Institute of Medical Psychology, University of Kiel, Neimannsweg 147, Germany
J Psychosom Res 52:215-22. 2002..The aim of the study was the determination of the relationships between neurophysiological and psychosocial factors within the pathogenesis of migraine...