Heidrun H Krämer
Affiliation: University of Giessen
- Osteoprotegerin: A new biomarker for impaired bone metabolism in complex regional pain syndrome?Heidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany Department of Neurology, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany Electronic address
Pain 155:889-95. 2014..A contribution of bone turnover to CRPS pathophysiology is likely. OPG might be useful as a biomarker for CRPS. ..
- Cardiac Troponin I elevation after epileptic seizureNicole Sieweke
Departments of Neurology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
BMC Neurol 12:58. 2012..g. in acute coronary syndrome (ACS). However, it occurs in other conditions as well. We therefore analysed cTNI increase in patients after generalized convulsive seizure...
- [Non-drug therapies for CRPS]H H Kramer
University Giessen, Department of Neurology, Giessen
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 44:142-6. 2012..Adjuvant therapies were shown to reduce pain and the severity of dysfunction in CRPS. Therefore, these non-drug therapies should be an essential part of any multimodal CRPS treatment...
- Immunological aspects of the complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)Heidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Klinikstrasse 33, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 18:4546-9. 2012..The impact of elevated pro-inflammatory cytokines systemically as well as locally, increased neurogenic inflammation and auto-antibodies in the pathophysiological development of CRPS are discussed in this review...
- Increased pain and neurogenic inflammation in mice deficient of neutral endopeptidaseHeidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, Mainz 55101, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 35:177-83. 2009..These findings resemble human 'cold' CRPS and suggest that ET 1 plays an important role in the pathogenesis of CRPS with nerve injury...
- TNF-α in CRPS and 'normal' trauma--significant differences between tissue and serumHeidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Pain 152:285-90. 2011..03). Our results indicate a local but not systemic increase of TNF-alpha in CRPS patients. This increase persists for months after limb trauma and may offer the opportunity for targeted treatment...
- Methylprednisolone prevents nerve injury-induced hyperalgesia in neprilysin knockout miceLan He
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Pain 155:574-80. 2014..The results provide evidence that MP reduces CCI-induced hyperalgesia in NEP ko mice, and that this may be related to ET-1 via analgesic actions of ETBR. ..
- Central correlation of muscle sympathetic nerve activation during baroreflex unloading - a microneurography-positron emission tomography studyHeidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, Justus Liebig University, Klinikstrasse 33, 35392, Giessen, Germany Department of Neurology, University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, 56101, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 39:623-9. 2014..Our data support a role for the ventrolateral medulla and the OFC in baroreflex-mediated control of MSNA in humans...
- Illusion of pain: pre-existing knowledge determines brain activation of 'imagined allodynia'Heidrun H Krämer
Department of Neurology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Pain 9:543-51. 2008..According to our results, the medial pain system is involved in the encoding of imagined allodynia...