Affiliation: University Hospital
- The German database on hypopituitarism after traumatic brain injury and aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage - description, objectives and designI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 119:15-20. 2011..This is the first report of the registry describing goals, organization, methodology, funding and the descriptive data of the first 1,242 patients entered until November 20th, 2008...
- Growth hormone deficient patients after traumatic brain injury--baseline characteristics and benefits after growth hormone replacement--an analysis of the German KIMS databaseI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Growth Horm IGF Res 18:472-8. 2008..The aim of the present study was to characterize adult TBI patients with GHD to elucidate the effect of human growth hormone (hGH) replacement in TBI patients as documented in the German Pfizer International Metabolic (KIMS) database...
- Diagnosing neuroendocrine dysfunction in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in clinical practice - does basal hormone screening make sense?I Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:276-81. 2008..In summary we conclude that basal hormone screening is not sufficient to identify SAH patients with impaired hypothalamo-pituitary function, at least not in the context of clinical routine practice...
- Quality of life and psychiatric sequelae following aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage: does neuroendocrine dysfunction play a role?Ilonka Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Technology Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:833-7. 2007....
- [Posttraumatic pituitary insufficiency]I Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Neurochirurgische Klinik, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen
MMW Fortschr Med 147:58-9. 2005..Even after a mild cranio-cerebral trauma, disturbances in the pituitary function can occur that fundamentally influence the posttraumatic progress...
- Variation of the baseline characteristics and treatment parameters over time: an analysis of 15 years of growth hormone replacement in adults in the German KIMS databaseI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrase 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Pituitary 15:S72-80. 2012..They highlight that approach to therapy and patient inclusion criteria change over time and may represent an important confounder for any analysis in epidemiological surveillance surveys...
- Health-related quality of life after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: impacts of bleeding severity, computerized tomography findings, surgery, vasospasm, and neurological gradeB O Hütter
Department of Neurosurgery, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
J Neurosurg 94:241-51. 2001..Therefore, the present study was performed to evaluate whether bleeding, acute clinical course, and surgery have persistent effects on health-related quality of life (QOL) after SAH...
- Measurement of motor evoked potentials following repetitive magnetic motor cortex stimulation during isoflurane or propofol anaesthesiaV Rohde
Department of Neurosurgery, Technical University RWTH Aachen, Germany
Br J Anaesth 91:487-92. 2003..Repetition of the magnetic stimulus (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, rTCMS) might allow the inhibition caused by anaesthesia with isoflurane or propofol to be overcome...
- Pituitary deficiency following aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhageI Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1133-5. 2003..To investigate the incidence and severity of pituitary insufficiency after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage...
- Blunted serum and enhanced salivary free cortisol concentrations in the chronic phase after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage--is stress the culprit?E M Poll
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Stress 16:153-62. 2013..Enhanced free cortisol concentrations may reflect a meaningful biological coping mechanism in SAH patients...
- Influence of intraventricular hemorrhage on outcome after rupture of intracranial aneurysmL Mayfrank
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Faculty of the University of Technology RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Neurosurg Rev 24:185-91. 2001..The clinical outcome after aneurysm rupture is at least in part determined by the severity of IVH. Knowledge of the effect of IVH may help guide physicians in the care of patients with aneurysmal bleeding...
- Head injury after a fall on stairs: poorer prognosis in inebriated patients?J Albrecht-Anoschenko
Neurochirurgische Klinik, Technische Hochschule Aachen, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 66:59-62. 2005..The aim of the present study was to determine whether inebriated patients falling on stairs sustain more severe head injuries than sober patients because of a delayed reaction time and a pathological coagulation and clotting system...
- The awakened intraspinal glass shardM F Oertel
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 151:99-101. 2009....
- Motor evoked potentials following highly frequent transcranial magnetoelectrical motor cortex stimulation: normal data and potential modulation by stimulation-dependent inhibitory and activating mechanismsV Rohde
Neurochirurgische Klinik, Medizinische Fakultat, Universität Aachen, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 66:105-11. 2005....
- HypopituitarismHarald Jorn Schneider
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Lancet 369:1461-70. 2007..Thus, a much increased true prevalence of this disorder needs to be assumed. As a result, hypopituitarism is not a rare disease and should be recognised by the general practitioner...
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage as a cause of hypopituitarismIlonka Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074, Aachen, Germany
Pituitary 8:219-25. 2005..Enhanced awareness of physicians treating SAH-patients for post-traumatic hypopituitarism is called for, so that screening for hormone deficiencies and appropriate replacement therapy can be initiated...
- Saliva collection method affects predictability of serum cortisolEva Maria Poll
Department of Neurosurgery, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Germany
Clin Chim Acta 382:15-9. 2007....
- Hypothalamopituitary dysfunction following traumatic brain injury and aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a systematic reviewHarald Jorn Schneider
Neuroendocrinology Group, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
JAMA 298:1429-38. 2007..This sequela is a potentially serious but treatable complication of brain injury...
- Prevalence of pituitary deficiency in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageIlonka Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Aachen, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4986-92. 2004..In summary, neuroendocrine dysfunction was identified in a substantial portion of patients with previous aneurysmal SAH and should be borne in mind as a potential long-term sequel of the illness...
- Diagnosing growth hormone deficiency after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageIlonka Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Stroke 36:931; author reply 931-2. 2005
- Subarachnoid haemorrhageIlonka Kreitschmann-Andermahr
Lancet 369:903-4. 2007