Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Fasting time and lipid parameters: association with hepatic steatosis - data from a random population sampleMartin Gruchot
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Lipids Health Dis 13:18. 2014..A second objective was to determine the effect of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease exerted on the above-mentioned lipid levels...
- Prevalence of celiac disease in Germany: a prospective follow-up studyWolfgang Kratzer
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 19:2612-20. 2013..To determine the prevalence of celiac disease in a randomly selected population sample...
- Percutaneous ultrasonographically guided liver punctures: an analysis of 1961 patients over a period of ten yearsMichael Mueller
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, Ulm, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 12:173. 2012..Objective of the study was to determine the extent to which the complication rate for ultrasonographically guided punctures of the liver is affected by less comprehensively studied risk factors...
- Assessment of disease activity in alveolar echinococcosis: a comparison of contrast enhanced ultrasound, three-phase helical CT and [(18)F] fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographyAlexander R Ehrhardt
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Abdom Imaging 32:730-6. 2007....
- Overweight, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol consumption in a cross-sectional random sample of German adultsMark M Haenle
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Robert Koch Str, 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
BMC Public Health 6:233. 2006..Data on health behaviour were collected as part of the EMIL study which investigated the prevalence of infection with Echinococcus multilocularis and other medical conditions in an urban German population...
- Gallstone prevalence and risk factors for gallstone disease in an urban population of children and adolescentsW Kratzer
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitat Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 48:683-7. 2010..The aim of the present study was to analyze the prevalence of cholecystolithiasis and associated risk factors in children and adolescents...
- [Gallbladder polyps: prevalence and risk factors]W Kratzer
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Ulm
Ultraschall Med 32:S68-73. 2011..The objective of the present study was to investigate the prevalence of gallbladder polyps and possible risk factors in a random population sample of an urban population...
- Prevalence and risk factors of focal sparing in hepatic steatosisW Kratzer
Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Ulm, Germany
Ultraschall Med 31:37-42. 2010..The prevalence, localization and potential risk factors for focal sparing were prospectively assessed in subjects with sonographically detectable hepatic steatosis as part of a population-based cross-sectional study...
- Ultrasonographically detected gallbladder polyps: a reason for concern? A seven-year follow-up studyWolfgang Kratzer
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Robert Koch Str, 8, 89081 Ulm, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 8:41. 2008..Objective of the present study was to investigate the prevalence and growth of gallbladder polyps in a survey of unselected subjects from the general population of a complete rural community...
- The effect of alcohol, tobacco and caffeine consumption and vegetarian diet on gallstone prevalenceThomas Walcher
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Ulm, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1345-51. 2010..To investigate the effects of alcohol, tobacco and caffeine consumption and of vegetarian diet on gallstone prevalence in an urban population sample...
- Vitamin C supplement use may protect against gallstones: an observational study on a randomly selected populationThomas Walcher
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 9:74. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the possible association of regular vitamin C supplementation with gallstone prevalence...
- Comparison of panorama ultrasonography, conventional B-mode ultrasonography, and computed tomography for measuring liver sizeD Borchert
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Ulm
Ultraschall Med 31:31-6. 2010..The objective of the present study is to compare the utility of extended field-of-view ultrasonography and conventional B-mode ultrasonography for determining liver size...
- Determination of reference values for the soluble transferrin receptor (sTfR) on a cross sectional population sampleAlexa von Schmiesing
Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Zentrale Einrichtung für Klinische Chemie, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89070 Ulm, Germany
Clin Lab 55:193-9. 2009..Aim of the study was to determine reference values for the soluble Transferrin Receptor (sTfR) in a cross sectional population sample...
- Screening methods in alveolar echinococcosis: a follow-up study comparing Emc- and Emf-ELISA with Em2plus-ELISA and ultrasonographyM M Hänle
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Epidemiol Infect 137:139-44. 2009..A recommendation for further follow-up of subjects found to be seropositive with Emc-ELISA and Emf-ELISA but with no sonographic evidence of disease is not justified at this time...
- [Progress in undergraduate and postgraduate education in abdominal ultrasonography at German university hospitals in 1999-2009]M Lohmann
Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitat Ulm, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Ulm
Z Gastroenterol 49:971-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the current state of undergraduate and postgraduate education in abdominal ultrasonography at German university hospitals and to compare these findings with data from 1999...
- Comparison of contrast-enhanced power Doppler ultrasound (Levovist) and computed tomography in alveolar echinococcosisW Kratzer
Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Universitat Ulm, Robert Koch Strasse 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Abdom Imaging 30:286-90. 2005....
- Comparison of sonographically measured bowel wall vascularity, histology, and disease activity in Crohn's diseaseB H Drews
Department of Internal Medicine I, Center for Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:1379-86. 2009..Power Doppler ultrasound may be able to monitor activity changes of the bowel wall determined by pharmaceutical treatment...
- A case of sporadic Echinococcus granulosus infection originating from Southern GermanyB Gruner
Section of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081, Ulm, Germany
Infection 36:78-81. 2008..Under treatment, the parasitic membrane detached from the cyst wall, revealing characteristic morphology for CE, now corresponding to the WHO stage CE 3. The patient remained asymptomatic during follow-up visits...
- [Comparison of conventional enteroclysis, intestinal ultrasound and MRI-enteroclysis for determining changes in the small intestine and complications in patients with Crohn's disease]T Schmidt
Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Abteilung Innere Medizin I, Robert Koch Str 8, 89081 Ulm
Z Gastroenterol 41:641-8. 2003..To date, however, the three methods have not been compared in one patient collective...
- [Ultrasonographically guided biopsy procedures: current practice in hospitals with established departments of gastroenterology]S van der Ham
Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Ulm
Z Gastroenterol 50:989-95. 2012..The oive of the current study was to assess current practice with respect to ultrasonographically guided biopsy procedures in a survey of hospitals with established departments of gastroenterology or with over 500 beds...
- Long-term seropositivity against Echinococcus multilocularis in an epidemiological follow-up study in southwestern Germany (RÃ¶merstein)B Jensen
Dept. of Infectious Disease and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Ulm, Germany
Infection 29:310-4. 2001..multilocularis or unspecific serological reactivity. For seropositive and clinically inconspicuous inhabitants of areas endemic for AE follow-up examinations at intervals of 2-3 years seem to be adequate...
- Reference values and early determinants of intra-abdominal fat mass in primary school childrenJ von Schnurbein
Divisions of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Horm Res Paediatr 75:412-22. 2011..Intra-abdominal fat (IAF) is a valuable predictor of cardiovascular morbidity. However, neither reference values nor determinants are known in children...
- Non-fatal and fatal liver failure associated with valproic acidM M Schmid
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy III, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 46:63-8. 2013..However, co-medication per se does not increase the risk of fatalities...
- [Research activity in abdominal ultrasonography in German university departments of gastroenterology - comparison between 1999 and 2009]M Lohmann
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Universitat Ulm
Z Gastroenterol 49:815-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to generate an overview of the current research situation in abdominal ultrasonography conducted by gasteroenterology departments of German university hospitals and to compare this situation with data from 1999...
- Therapy of osteoporosis in patients with Crohn's disease: a randomized study comparing sodium fluoride and ibandronateC Von Tirpitz
Department of Medicine I, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:807-16. 2003....
- [The role of ceruloplasmin in the differential diagnosis of neuropsychiatric disorders]B J Connemann
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie III, Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Ulm
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 78:582-9. 2010....