Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Impulsivity and aggression as predictors of suicide attempts in alcoholicsG Koller
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 252:155-60. 2002..Furthermore, the potential influence of concurrent personality disorders and depressive conditions were assessed...
- Alcoholism-related phenotypes and genetic variants of the CB1 receptorU W Preuss
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universität Muenchen, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 253:275-80. 2003..The aim of this study is to test the potential influence of a bi-allelic cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) polymorphism (G1359A) on severe alcohol withdrawal syndromes...
- No association between a polymorphism in the promoter region of the MAOA gene with antisocial personality traits in alcoholicsG Koller
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik der LMU München, Nussbaumstrasse 7, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 38:31-4. 2003..We analysed the MAOAuVNTR functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the X-chromosomal monoamine oxidase A (MAOA) gene. Genotypes with three-repeat alleles were reported to be associated with antisocial as well as impulsive traits...
- No association between metabotropic glutamate receptors 7 and 8 (mGlur7 and mGlur8) gene polymorphisms and withdrawal seizures and delirium tremens in alcohol-dependent individualsU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 37:174-8. 2002..The negative results in this study question the role of these polymorphisms in the pathogenesis of alcohol withdrawal-induced seizures and delirium tremens...
- No association of CRH1 receptor polymorphism haplotypes, harm avoidance and other personality dimensions in alcohol dependence: results from the Munich gene bank project for alcoholismM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Addict Biol 9:73-9. 2004..The possible implications of these findings are discussed...
- GRIN1 locus may modify the susceptibility to seizures during alcohol withdrawalD Rujescu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 133:85-7. 2005..These findings support the hypothesis that the GRIN1 locus may modify the susceptibility to seizures during alcohol withdrawal. This novel finding warrants replication...
- Tryptophan hydroxylase gene 1 polymorphisms are not associated with suicide attempts in alcohol-dependent individualsG Koller
Substitutionsambulanz, Pestalozzistrasse 2, 80469 München, Germany
Addict Biol 10:269-73. 2005..Our data do not support the hypothesis of A-6526G, G-5806T or A-779C polymorphisms to be associated with suicide attempts in alcohol-dependent individuals...
- Association of 5-HT1B receptor gene and antisocial behavior in alcoholismM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital, University of Munich, Germany
J Neural Transm 111:101-9. 2004..Adult antisocial personality occurred more often in males than females. Possible implications of these findings are discussed...
- GABA-A2 receptor subunit gene (GABRA2) polymorphisms and risk for alcohol dependenceM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 42:184-91. 2008..These findings support and extend the three previous studies implicating a GABA-A receptor subunit as contributing to the genetic risk for alcohol dependence. Possible implications of these findings are discussed...
- [Treatment of cocaine dependence. Intoxication, withdrawal and prevention of relapse]U W Preuss
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 68:224-38. 2000..A short review of new experimental therapies in the treatment of cocaine-dependence is shown...
- [Factor structure and validity of a german version of the barratt impulsiveness scale]U W Preuss
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 71:527-34. 2003..The aim of this study is to evaluate the BIS-5 in two German psychiatric inpatient samples and healthy controls proving the originally proposed four-factor structure as well as convergent and discriminate validity...
- Dopamine D 4 receptor gene polymorphism and extraversion revisited: results from the Munich gene bank project for alcoholismM Soyka
Psychiatric Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Nussbaumstrasse 7, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 36:429-35. 2002..These findings are in line with a number of more recent studies questioning the association between novelty-seeking and DRD4 dopamine receptor gene polymorphism. Possible implications of these findings are discussed...
- Impulsive traits and 5-HT2A receptor promoter polymorphism in alcohol dependents: possible association but no influence of personality disordersU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 43:186-91. 2001..Alcohol dependents were investigated because these personality disorders and impulsive behavior are very frequent in alcohol dependence anf of clinical relevance...
- Association between suicide attempts and 5-HTTLPR-S-allele in alcohol-dependent and control subjects: further evidence from a German alcohol-dependent inpatient sampleU W Preuss
Psychiatrische Klinik und Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 50:636-9. 2001..A significant association between suicide attempts and the 5-HTT promoter polymorphisms (5-HTTLPR) S-allele has been reported in a sample of French alcohol-dependent subjects, and this paper evaluates this phenomenon in a German sample...
- [Psychometric evaluation of the German version of the Barratt Impulsiveness Scale]U W Preuss
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Martin Luther Universitat, Halle Wittenberg, Julius Kuhn Strasse 7, 06097 Halle Saale
Nervenarzt 79:305-19. 2008..e. the Barratt Impulsiveness Scale Version 11 (BIS11). However, it lacks adequate psychometric characterization for German speakers...
- D2 dopamine receptor gene haplotypes and their influence on alcohol and tobacco consumption magnitude in alcohol-dependent individualsU W Preuss
Pediatric Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Alcohol Alcohol 42:258-66. 2007....
- No association between suicidal behavior and 5-HT2A-T102C polymorphism in alcohol dependentsU W Preuss
Am J Med Genet 96:877-8. 2000
- [Suicide attempts in alcohol dependents: clinical characteristics und differentiation of the applied methods]U W Preuss
Johanna Odebrecht Stiftung, Greifswald
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:77-84. 2006..In terms of methods used, violent and non-violent suicide attempts can be distinguished. To confirm the validity of this distinction from a clinical point of view a sample of inpatient alcohol-dependent subjects is explored...
- Ionotropic glutamate receptor gene GRIK3 SER310ALA functional polymorphism is related to delirium tremens in alcoholicsU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Pharmacogenomics J 6:34-41. 2006..Although this result is suggestive for a significant role of this polymorphism in the pathogenesis of delirium tremens in alcohol-dependent individuals, further investigation and confirmation are warranted...
- Citalopram neuropharmacological challenge in alcohol-dependent patients and controls: pharmacogenetic, endocrine and psychobehavioral resultsW M Wong
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 41:72-8. 2008..Furthermore we wanted to know whether functional polymorphisms (5-HTTLPR and 5HT2C Ser23Cys), have any influence on this responsivity...
- Elevated serum levels of S-100B reflect the extent of brain injury in alcohol intoxicated patients after mild head traumaP Biberthaler
Chirurgische Klinik, Klinikum Innenstadt, , , Munich, Germany
Shock 16:97-101. 2001..Alcohol intoxication did not elevate S-100B levels in group 3 or 4 subjects. Our data indicate for the first time that alcohol intoxication does not influence the diagnostic value of S-100B measurements in patients after MHT...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system regulation in recently detoxified alcoholics is not altered by one week of treatment with acamprosateU Zimmerman
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:98-102. 2004..We therefore investigated whether acamprosate normalizes HPA hyperactivity in alcoholics within the first 3 weeks of abstinence, employing a combined dexamethasone/corticotropin-releasing hormone (Dex-CRH)-test...