Horst J Koch
Affiliation: University of Regensburg
- [Normal psychiatric interview]H J Koch
Psychiatrische Unversitätsklinik, Gerontopsychiatrie, Bezirksklinikum, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053 Regensburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:2788-9. 2004..To use unspecific codes or to omit the coding of the findings are no suitable solutions. Future revision of the ICD 10 classification should integrate the normal psychiatric interview...
- ROC analysis as an additional method to characterize time to event dataHorst J Koch
Neurologische Universitätsklinik Regensburg, Regensburg 93053, Germany
Pathol Oncol Res 11:50-2. 2005..The Area und the Curve (ROC-curve) gives additional illustrative information to distinguish between two therapeutic approaches and low or high grade brain tumors...
- Suicides and suicide ideation in the Bible: an empirical surveyH J Koch
University of Regensburg, Bezirksklinikum Regensburg, Universitätstrasse 84, Regensburg, Germany
Acta Psychiatr Scand 112:167-72. 2005..The aim of this review is to summarize all data on suicidal behaviour reported in the Bible and to discuss basic implications for medical ethical positions...
- [Spinal and cerebral leptomeningeal seeding from a melanocytoma of the cerebello-pontine angle]Horst J Koch
Neurologische Universitätsklinik Regensburg, Deutschland
Wien Med Wochenschr 155:360-4. 2005..This tumor did not respond to a combined radiochemotherapy including oral temozolomide, and the patient died 5 months after starting treatment for this relapse. Secondary malignisation of the melancytoma is suggested...
- Memantine: a therapeutic approach in treating Alzheimer's and vascular dementiaHorst J Koch
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Germany
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 4:499-506. 2005..Having a low probability for drug-drug interactions, memantine, in principle, is suited for elderly patients exposed to multiple therapeutic therapies...
- Influence of moderate altitude on blood lactate and heart rate in a standardized exercise test in healthy volunteersH J Koch
Netrologische Universitätsklinik am Bezirksklinikum Regensburg, Deutschland
Acta Physiol Hung 92:139-46. 2005..In conclusion, a sojourn at 1700 m provokes an increase of lactate levels with subsequent reduction after acclimatization and has a significant positive impact on the mean maximum performance after moderate mountain training...
- On the physiological relevance of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in Alzheimer's diseaseH J Koch
University Clinic of Neurology, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Curr Med Chem 12:2915-21. 2005..Experimental results postulate a positive long lasting modulation of the pathological neuronal protein pattern in addition to their cholinomimetic effect...
- Relation between laterality and immune response after acute cerebral ischemiaH J Koch
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Neuroimmunomodulation 13:8-12. 2006..The true relationship between immune response and acute ischemic stroke laterality remains to be elucidated...
- Correlation of MMSE, SKT and clock test scores in patients with mild and moderate dementiaH J Koch
University Clinic of Psychiatry, Department of Gerontopsychiatry Universitätsstrasse 84, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Nagoya J Med Sci 67:93-9. 2005..In conclusion, results of SKT, CT or MMSE in patients with dementia showed marked pairwise or multiple correlations and therefore it is not necessary to include more than two reliable tests in clinical psychogeriatric studies...
- [Diurnal variation of pain perception and heart rate in the human tourniquet pain model in healthy volunteers]Horst J Koch
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Universität am Bezirksklinikum Regensburg
Psychiatr Prax 31:S155-7. 2004..00 h, 12.00 h, 18.00 h and 24.00 h. Significant differences of pain scores between clocktimes were found 1 minutes after inflation and after 1.5 minutes with regard to heart rate. Generally, the highest pain scores were found at 24.00 h...
- NMDA-antagonism (memantine): an alternative pharmacological therapeutic principle in Alzheimer's and vascular dementiaHorst J Koch
Psychiatrische Universitatsklinik, Universitatsstrasse 84, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 10:253-9. 2004....
- [A clinical challenge. Pragmatic treatment of migraine and concomitant depression]T P Jürgens
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Schmerz 22:11-6. 2008..Additionally, hazardous interactions and preferable drug combinations are listed...
- Typical and atypical antipsychotics--the misleading dichotomy. Results from the Working Group 'Drugs in Psychiatry' (AGATE)David Fischer-Barnicol
University Hospital for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Regensburg, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 57:80-7. 2008....
- Correlation of Mini-Mental-State-Examination (MMSE), Syndrom-Kurztest (SKT) and Clock test (CT) scores in patients with cognitive impairment assessed by means of multiple regression and response surface analysisHorst J Koch
Department of Gerontopsychiatry, University Clinic of Psychiatry, Universitatsstrasse 84, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 40:7-14. 2005..67, P < 0.01) response surfaces. In conclusion, test scores of SKT, CT or MMSE in patients with dementia showed a marked correlation. In clinical practice the may be considered as almost interchangeable test options...
- Severe bradyarrhythmia in a patient with Alzheimer's disease and a patient with cerebral ischaemia, both induced by acute distension of the bladderH J Koch
Psychiatric Clinic, University of Regensburg, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 55:323-5. 2001..As acute urinary distension is not uncommon on geriatric wards, bradyarrhythmia due to bladder distension should be considered in elderly patients...
- Relation between pharmacodynamic and anthropometric parameters during ergometry at rest and after repeated intake of metoprolol in healthy volunteers: results of a pilot studyH J Koch
Department of Gerontopsychiatry, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Acta Physiol Hung 91:67-72. 2004..Therefore heart rate decreases less markedly in slim persons which should be taken into consideration in exercise tests during metoprolol intake...
- Transcranial duplex sonography in the detection of patent foramen ovaleWendelin K Blersch
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Radiology 225:693-9. 2002..To determine the sensitivity of contrast material-enhanced transcranial color-coded sonography (c-TCCS) compared with that of contrast-enhanced transesophageal echocardiography (c-TEE) for detection of cardiac right-to-left shunt...
- Successful therapy of tardive dyskinesia in a 71-year-old woman with a combination of tetrabenazine, olanzapine and tiaprideH J Koch
Department of Gerontopsychiatry, Psychiatric University Clinic, Regensburg, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 57:147-9. 2003..A combination of antidyskinetic drugs should be considered in patients with severe tardive dyskinesia...
- [Determination of reliability of psychometric tests in psychiatry using canonical correlation]Horst J Koch
Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik am Bezirksklinikum, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93051 Regensburg
Psychiatr Prax 30:S157-60. 2003..In conclusion, canonical correlation based on parallel tests splitted in subsets gives information on consistency, i.e. reliability, of test batteries in addition to conventional correlation methods...
- High-density lipoprotein and vascular tone in healthy subjectsHorst J Koch
Cardiology 103:199-200. 2005
- Sedation caused by primidone may exacerbate dementiaHorst J Koch
Epilepsy Behav 4:592. 2003
- Baseline heart rate and beta-blocking actionHorst J Koch
Int J Clin Pract 58:106. 2004
- Turbulencies during hypothyroidism therapyHorst J Koch
Cardiology 98:99. 2002
- [The lactate-ischemia test: expedient diagnosis of myopathy]Horst J Koch
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:818. 2002
- Seasonality of births in elderly patients with dementia or depressionHorst J Koch
Chronobiol Int 22:391-2. 2005