Affiliation: University Hospital
- Arthroscopy or ultrasound in undergraduate anatomy education: a randomized cross-over controlled trialMatthias Knobe
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, 30 Pauwelsstreet, Aachen 52074, Germany
BMC Med Educ 12:85. 2012..This randomized controlled trial investigates whether musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSUS) or arthroscopic methods can increase the anatomical knowledge uptake...
- Is helical blade nailing superior to locked minimally invasive plating in unstable pertrochanteric fractures?Matthias Knobe
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2302-12. 2012..Helical blade fixation of the femoral head has the theoretical advantages of higher rotational stability and cutout resistance and should have a lower rate of reoperation than a locked plating technique...
- Knowledge transfer of spinal manipulation skills by student-teachers: a randomised controlled trialMatthias Knobe
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrase 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Eur Spine J 21:992-8. 2012..To assess the use of peer-assisted learning (PAL) of complex manipulative motor skills with respect to gender in medical students...
- [Surgical outcome in pertrochanteric femur fracture: the impact of osteoporosis. Comparison between DHS and percutaneous compression plate]M Knobe
Klinik für Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie, Schwerpunkt Unfallchirurgie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen
Z Orthop Unfall 146:44-51. 2008..In a prospectively documented clinical study, we examined whether or not the percutaneous compression plate (PCCP, Gotfried) offers advantages following osteoporotic fractures...
- [Unstable pertrochanteric femur fractures. Failure rate, lag screw sliding and outcome with extra- and intramedullary devices (PCCP, DHS and PFN)]M Knobe
Klinik für Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie, Schwerpunkt Unfallchirurgie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Z Orthop Unfall 147:306-13. 2009..In a retrospective clinical study we examined whether the percutaneous compression plate (PCCP, Gotfried) provides advantages following unstable fractures in comparison to DHS and PFN...
- Peer teaching: a randomised controlled trial using student-teachers to teach musculoskeletal ultrasoundMatthias Knobe
Department of Trauma Surgery, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Med Educ 44:148-55. 2010....
- [Undergraduate curricular training in musculoskeletal ultrasound: the impact of preexisting anatomic knowledge]M Knobe
Klinik für Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie, Schwerpunkt Unfallchirurgie, RWTH Aachen
Z Orthop Unfall 148:685-90. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of students preexisting anatomic proficiency to address the fundamental problems related to musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSUS) training by assessing the peer-assisted learning (PAL) system...
- Impact of isolated acetabular and lower extremity fractures on long-term outcomeRoman Pfeifer
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Aachen Medical Center, Pauwelstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 72:467-72. 2012..The long-term clinical status of surviving patients with multiple injuries has not been well described. The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term outcome of acetabular and lower limb injuries...
- Scoring systems for outcome after knee injuriesBernhard Schmidt-Rohlfing
University of Aachen Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, 30 Pauwels Street, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Injury 42:271-5. 2011..In conclusion, the outcomes of knee injuries in poly-traumatized patients are rather heterogeneous, but generally are worse than in those with lower extremity injuries that spare the knee joint...
- Effects of near cortical slotted holes in locking plate constructsRichard Martin Sellei
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Aachen Medical Center, Aachen, Germany
J Orthop Trauma 25:S35-40. 2011..Slotted near cortical locking holes might improve this drawback. This review summarizes the current knowledge of the healing process associated with different types of near cortical locking options...
- Variants of the supplying vessels of the vascularized iliac bone graft and their relationship to important surgical landmarksAlireza Ghassemi
Department of Oral, Maxillofacial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Clin Anat 26:509-21. 2013..Clin. Anat., 2013. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Nitrate patch prevents steroid-related bone necrosisWolf Drescher
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Orthop Res 29:1517-20. 2011..Less empty lacunae were counted in the GC animals after additional treatment with a nitrate patch. This finding suggests that nitrate co-treatment has the potential to prevent steroid-associated FHN...