Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Frankfurt
- Mechanical stretch stimulates protein kinase B/Akt phosphorylation in epidermal cells via angiotensin II type 1 receptor and epidermal growth factor receptorStefan Kippenberger
Department of Dermatology, University of Frankfurt Medical School, D 60596 FrankfurtMain, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:3060-7. 2005..Evidence is provided that stretch-induced activation of PKB/Akt protects cells against induced apoptosis...
- Ligand activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta suppresses cathepsin B expression in human endothelial cells in a posttranslational mannerGabi Reichenbach
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Exp Dermatol 21:751-7. 2012..The results bolster other studies demonstrating PPARδ agonists as anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic agents and thus might have the potential to help to develop new pharmaceutical drugs...
- Ligation of beta4 integrins activates PKB/Akt and ERK1/2 by distinct pathways-relevance of the keratin filamentStefan Kippenberger
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University of Frankfurt Medical School, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1803:940-50. 2010..Taken together our data define a new model of beta4-dependent PKB/Akt and ERK1/2 activation demonstrating the keratin filament as a structure necessary in signal transmission...
- PPARα agonist Wy14643 suppresses cathepsin B in human endothelial cells via transcriptional, post-transcriptional and post-translational mechanismsGabi Reichenbach
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Angiogenesis 16:223-33. 2013..Overall, our results suggest that the PPARα-dependent anti-angiogenic action of Wy14643 seems to be mediated, in part, by Wy14643-dependent but PPARα-independent regulation of cathepsin B expression...
- Hypotonic stress induces E-cadherin expression in cultured human keratinocytesStefan Kippenberger
Department of Dermatology, University of Frankfurt Medical School, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
FEBS Lett 579:207-14. 2005..It is likely that induction of E-cadherin contributes to the stabilization between adjacent cells in order to withstand the physical forces induced by hypotonicity...
- Restoration of E-cadherin sensitizes human melanoma cells for apoptosisStefan Kippenberger
Department of Dermatology, Division of Pneumology, University of Frankfurt Medical School, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Melanoma Res 16:393-403. 2006..In conclusion, our findings suggest therapeutic strategies that enable expression of E-cadherin in order to sensitize human melanoma cells towards apoptosis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C-induced lymphangiogenesis decreases tumor interstitial fluid pressure and tumorMatthias Hofmann
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Transl Oncol 6:398-404. 2013..This model represents a novel approach to modulate biomechanical properties of the tumor interstitium enabling a lowering of TIFP in vivo. ..
- 'Nosing Around' the human skin: what information is concealed in skin odour?Stefan Kippenberger
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Exp Dermatol 21:655-9. 2012..Finally, it is discussed if human skin odour has the quality to act as pheromone transmitting information between individuals in terms of major histocompatibility complex type or reproductive status...
- Integration of Langerhans-like cells into a human skin equivalentVesselina Laubach
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, University Hospital, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 303:135-9. 2011..These skin models provide a tool to further investigate the interactions between Langerhans-like cells and other skin cells and particularly learn more about the cutaneous immune response...
- Dimethyl fumarate - only an anti-psoriatic medication?Markus Meissner
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, University of Frankfurt, Germany
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 10:793-801. 2012..This valued and well-known drug mainly prescribed by dermatologists is now experiencing a renaissance far beyond dermatologic applications...
- AP1-dependent repression of TGFα-mediated MMP9 upregulation by PPARδ agonists in keratinocytesMarkus Meissner
Department of Dermatology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Exp Dermatol 20:425-9. 2011..In conclusion, our data provide the first evidence that MMP9 expression induced by TGFα is a valid target of PPARδ ligands in keratinocytes...
- Mechanical pressure-induced phosphorylation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in epithelial cells via Src and protein kinase CMatthias Hofmann
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University Hospital, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:673-9. 2004..These findings suggest mechanical pressure as a new type of effector stimulus for the p38 pathway with implications to (patho-) physiological conditions...
- Low concentrations of curcumin induce growth arrest and apoptosis in skin keratinocytes only in combination with UVA or visible lightJadranka Dujic
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Medical School, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 127:1992-2000. 2007..In particular, the latter avoids the use of carcinogenic irradiation that is part of regular phototherapy...
- Long-term lowering of tumour interstitial fluid pressure reduces Ki-67 expressionMatthias Hofmann
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Biomech 40:2324-9. 2007..While a singular puncture had no effect catheterized tumours showed a significant decrease in Ki-67 expression. Our data suggest that long-term lowering of TIFP is required to reduce tumour proliferation...
- Oligonucleotides suppress IL-8 in skin keratinocytes in vitro and offer anti-inflammatory properties in vivoAnnette Dorn
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 127:846-54. 2007..This effect seems to be independent from Toll-like receptor 9...
- Mechanical stretch induces clustering of beta1-integrins and facilitates adhesionYvonne Knies
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University Hospital, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Exp Dermatol 15:347-55. 2006..In summary, these results show a functional cooperation of beta1-integrins and EGFR in the adhesion complex supporting the transmission of stretch-induced signals...
- Ligation of the beta4 integrin triggers adhesion behavior of human keratinocytes by an "inside-out" mechanismStefan Kippenberger
Zentrum der Dermatologie und Venerologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 123:444-51. 2004..Hence, these findings provide further insight into the conversion processes during carcinogenesis and show the beta(4) integrin to be a key regulator of cellular adhesion...
- Evaluation of beneficial and adverse effects of glucocorticoids on a newly developed full-thickness skin modelNadja Nicole Zöller
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, J W Goethe University, Medical School, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 22:747-59. 2008..The present study demonstrates the versatility of this FTSM in the validation of effectiveness and safety of GCs...