Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- Pneumonia as a long-term consequence of chronic psychological stress in BALB/c miceCornelia Kiank
Department of Immunology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Sauerbruchstrasse, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Brain Behav Immun 22:1173-7. 2008..Thus, a deficient antibacterial response to translocated commensals in chronically stressed animals can contribute to long-lasting pneumonia...
- Mild postnatal separation stress reduces repeated stress-induced immunosuppression in adult BALB/c miceCornelia Kiank
Department of Immunology, DFG Graduiertenkolleg 840, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:761-8. 2009..In this study, we investigated consequences of mild postnatal stress exposure on the stress coping style of adult BALB/c mice...
- Different stress-related phenotypes of BALB/c mice from in-house or vendor: alterations of the sympathetic and HPA axis responsivenessJakob Olfe
Department of Immunology, DFG graduate school GK840, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
BMC Physiol 10:2. 2010..Here, we investigated if female BALB/c mice derived from in-house breeding and BALB/c mice from a vendor which were shipped during their juvenile life differ in their HPA axis activity and stress responsiveness in adulthood...
- Altered hepatic mRNA expression of immune response and apoptosis-associated genes after acute and chronic psychological stress in miceMaren Depke
Interfaculty Institute of Genetics and Functional Genomics, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Germany
Mol Immunol 46:3018-28. 2009..However, immune suppression will only manifest in repeatedly stressed mice which additionally show induction of protective and liver regenerative genes to prevent further hepatocyte damage...
- Psychological stress-induced, IDO1-dependent tryptophan catabolism: implications on immunosuppression in mice and humansCornelia Kiank
Department of Immunology, DFG graduate school GK840, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e11825. 2010..Since patients showed Trp catabolism already prior to surgery, IDO is also a possible target enzyme for humans modulating immune homeostasis and mood...
- Stress-induced immune conditioning affects the course of experimental peritonitisCornelia Kiank
Department of Immunology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Shock 27:305-11. 2007..It ameliorates lethal shock responses but reduces the capacity to eradicate bacterial infection during mild peritonitis...