Michael Andre Kern
Affiliation: University of Cologne
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors suppress the growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma implants in nude miceMichael Andre Kern
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
Carcinogenesis 25:1193-9. 2004..These results demonstrate that under experimental conditions selective COX-2 inhibition suppresses solid HCC growth in vivo and, therefore may have preventive and therapeutic potential for human HCCs...
- [Report of a spindle cell myoepithelialioma of the minor salivary glands with extensive lipomatous component]M A Kern
Zentrum für Pathologie der Universität zu Köln
Laryngorhinootologie 84:432-5. 2005..We present the case report of a 38-year old man with a myoepithelioma of the minor palatinal salivary glands with extensive lipomatosis as an example of this rare phenomena...
- Proapoptotic and antiproliferative potential of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors in human liver tumor cellsMichael Andre Kern
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Germany
Hepatology 36:885-94. 2002....
- Precision cut tissue slices of the liver as morphological tool for investigation of apoptosisHans Udo Kasper
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, D 50931 Koeln, Germany
In Vivo 19:423-31. 2005..For the study of apoptosis in liver diseases, different in vivo models and different in vitro approaches have been developed. They include cell culture models based on hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines or isolated primary hepatocytes...
- Expression of angiotensin II receptor type 1 is reduced in advanced rat liver fibrosisUlrich Töx
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 52:1995-2005. 2007..However, if AGTR1 blockade is started early, a decrease in essential profibrotic molecules is achieved. Hence, early initiation of therapy with AGTR1 blockers may be crucial for the prevention of cirrhosis...
- DMBT1 expression distinguishes anorectal from cutaneous melanomaBurkhard Maria Helmke
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Histopathology 54:233-40. 2009..The aim was to carry out expression analyses of classical immunohistochemical markers and of the protein deleted in malignant brain tumours 1 (DMBT1) in cases of primary anorectal malignant melanoma and CM...