Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Plasmacytoid variant of bladder cancer defines patients with poor prognosis if treated with cystectomy and adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapyBastian Keck
Department of Urology, University Erlangen, Krankenhausstraße 12, Erlangen, 91054, Germany
BMC Cancer 13:71. 2013..Since the definition of different histologic subtypes of urothelial carcinomas by the World Health Organization (WHO) 2004 classification, description of molecular features and clinical behavior of these variants has gained more attention...
- The plasmacytoid carcinoma of the bladder--rare variant of aggressive urothelial carcinomaBastian Keck
Department of Urology, University Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Cancer 129:346-54. 2011..TP53 mutation analysis showed mutations in 29%. In summary, PUC is an aggressive variant of bladder cancer with molecular features of advanced bladder cancer and evidence of WNT pathway activation in some of the cases...
- [Plasmacytoid and micropapillary urothelial carcinoma: rare forms of urothelial carcinoma]B Keck
Klinik für Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Krankenhausstraße 12, 91054 Erlangen, Deutschland
Urologe A 50:217-20. 2011..Micropapillary cancers have already been described in multiple organs. Micropapillary breast cancer represent an individual entity with characteristic genomic aberrations and corresponding clinical and pathological features...
- Sonographic diagnosis of a posttraumatic arteriocavernosal fistula resulting in high-flow priapismBastian Keck
Department of Urology, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Ultrasound 40:60-2. 2012..Color Doppler sonography is an appropriate diagnostic tool to diagnose arteriocavernosal fistula. Selective arterial embolization is a safe and effective therapeutic option...
- MRI-guided core biopsy of the prostate in the supine position-introduction of a simplified technique using large-bore magnet systemsSiegfried A Schwab
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Erlangen Nuremberg, Maximiliansplatz 1, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Eur Radiol 23:1415-9. 2013..To introduce a simplified technique for MRI-guided core biopsies (MRGB) of the prostate in the supine position using large-bore magnet systems...
- Clinical course of plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma of the upper urinary tract: a case reportBastian Keck
Department of Urology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany bastian keck uk erlangen de
Urol Int 89:120-2. 2012..Herein, we present the first report on the clinical course of a metastatic plasmacytoid urothelial carcinoma of the renal pelvis and show its unfavorable outcome despite multimodal therapy...
- Early versus deferred androgen suppression therapy for patients with lymph node-positive prostate cancer after local therapy with curative intent: a systematic reviewFrank Kunath
Department of Urology, University Clinic Erlangen, Krankenhausstraße 12, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
BMC Cancer 13:131. 2013....
- MicroRNA profiles of prostate carcinoma detected by multiplatform microRNA screeningSven Wach
University Clinic of Urology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Int J Cancer 130:611-21. 2012..Our results indicate that combinations of miRNAs are promising biomarkers for the diagnosis of prostate cancer...