Affiliation: University of Hannover
- Different populations and sources of human mesenchymal stem cells (MSC): A comparison of adult and neonatal tissue-derived MSCRalf Hass
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Tumor Biology, Gynecology Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University, Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strase 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 9:12. 2011....
- Effects of hypoxic culture conditions on umbilical cord-derived human mesenchymal stem cellsAntonina Lavrentieva
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Callinstrasse 5, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 8:18. 2010..Concomitantly, a significantly enhanced glucose consumption and a corresponding lactate production could be observed in the hypoxic MSC cultures suggesting an altered metabolism of these human stem cells within the hypoxic environment...
- Collagen biomaterial doped with colominic acid for cell culture applications with regard to peripheral nerve repairStephanie Bruns
Universitat Hannover, Institut fur Technische Chemie, Callinstr 3, D 30167 Hannover, Germany
J Biotechnol 131:335-45. 2007..The results indicate that CA integration in established biomaterial constructs enhances cell proliferation and offers promising features as conduits additive in regarding peripheral nerve regeneration...
- Mesenchymal stromal cells derived from human umbilical cord tissues: primitive cells with potential for clinical and tissue engineering applicationsPierre Moretti
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Callinstraße, 5, 30167, Hannover, Germany
Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 123:29-54. 2010..Furthermore, immune-privileged and immune-modulatory properties are reported for UC-derived cells, which open highly interesting perspectives for clinical applications...
- Potential for osteogenic and chondrogenic differentiation of MSCAntonina Lavrentieva
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Callinstrasse 5, 30167, Hannover, Germany
Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 129:73-88. 2013..Knowledge of the different aspects which affect MSC differentiation in vivo and in vitro will help researchers to achieve directed cell fate without the addition of differentiation agents in concentrations above the physiological range...
- Dynamic cultivation of human mesenchymal stem cells in a rotating bed bioreactor system based on the Z RP platformSolvig Diederichs
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Biotechnol Prog 25:1762-71. 2009..With this study, we present an excellent method to enhance cellular proliferation and bone lineage specific growth of tissue like structures comprising fibrous (collagen) and globular (mineral) extracellular components...
- Analysis of oxygen-dependent cytokine expression in human mesenchymal stem cells derived from umbilical cordMaren Lönne
Institute of Technical Chemistry, Leibniz University Hanover, Callinstrasse 5, 30167, Hannover, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 353:117-22. 2013..This knowledge might help in the understanding of MSC physiology and in the achievement of directed cell fate of MSC for clinical application...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of a polysialic acid-based hydrogel as enzymatically degradable scaffold material for tissue engineeringSilke Berski
Institut für Organische Chemie and Zentrum für Biomolekulare Wirkstoffe BMWZ, Gottfried Willhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover, Schneiderberg 1B, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Biomacromolecules 9:2353-9. 2008..Here, additional coating with collagen I, poly-L-lysine or matrigel is mandatory to improve the properties of the material...
- Fast and efficient screening system for new biomaterials in tissue engineering: a model for peripheral nerve regenerationStephanie Bruns
Institute for Technical Chemistry, University of Hannover, Callinstr 3, D 30167 Hannover, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 81:736-47. 2007..Optimal cell models must be chosen for the defined applications and at least two cell lines are necessary for a differentiating interpretation...
- Application of different strain regimes in two-dimensional and three-dimensional adipose tissue-derived stem cell cultures induces osteogenesis: implications for bone tissue engineeringSolvig Diederichs
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, Vienna, Austria
J Biomed Mater Res A 94:927-36. 2010..With regard to cellular adaptation, the gradually increasing strain scheme was especially advantageous...
- Application of collagen matrices for cartilage tissue engineeringYvonne Stark
Institute for Technical Chemistry, University of Hannover, Callinstr 3, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 57:305-11. 2006....
- Comparison of polysialic acid production in Escherichia coli K1 during batch cultivation and fed-batch cultivation applying two different control strategiesRan Chen
Institute for Technical Chemistry, Leibniz University of Hannover, Callinstr 5, 30167 Hannover, Germany
J Biotechnol 154:222-9. 2011..The optimal specific growth rate for PSA production was 0.32 h(-1) obtained in the fed-batch cultivation at a constant glucose concentration of 50 mg l(-1), with highest conversion efficiency of 43 mg g(-1)...
- Preparation of bioactive soluble human leukemia inhibitory factor from recombinant Escherichia coli using thioredoxin as fusion partnerMagda Tomala
Institute of Technical Chemistry, Leibniz University of Hannover, Callinstr 5, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Protein Expr Purif 73:51-7. 2010..Our novel protocol for the production of recombinant hLIF is very suitable and effective for the production of poorly soluble proteins through expression in fusion with the solubilizing partner thioredoxin...
- Cultivation of MC3T3-E1 cells on a newly developed material (Sponceram) using a rotating bed system bioreactorKirstin Suck
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Universitat Hannover, Callinstr 3, 30167 Hannover, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 80:268-75. 2007..The results of the bioreactor cultivation revealed that the scaffold promoted the differentiation process even in the absence of BMP-2...
- Identification of subpopulations in mesenchymal stem cell-like cultures from human umbilical cordIngrida Majore
Institute of Technical Chemistry, Leibniz University of Hannover, Callinstrasse 3, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 7:6. 2009..It was thus the aim of the present study to identify possible subpopulations in cultures of MSC-like cells obtained from UC. We used counterflow centrifugal elutriation (CCE) as a novel strategy to successfully address this question...
- A rotating bed system bioreactor enables cultivation of primary osteoblasts on well-characterized Sponceram regarding structural and flow propertiesKirstin Suck
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Callinstr 5, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Biotechnol Prog 26:671-8. 2010..Furthermore, the material is applied for the dynamic cultivation of primary osteoblasts in a newly developed rotating bed bioreactor...
- Design and characterization of a rotating bed system bioreactor for tissue engineering applicationsFabienne Anton
Institut fur Technische Chemie, Leibniz Universitat Hannover, Callinstrasse 3, 30167 Hannover, Germany
Biotechnol Prog 24:140-7. 2008..An osteoblast precursor cell line was successfully cultivated in this bioreactor for 28 days...