Affiliation: University of Rostock
- Multimodal therapy for localized spinal epidural follicular lymphomaChristoph Kahl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Germany
Onkologie 33:381-4. 2010..An epidural growth of low-grade lymphoma is even more unusual. Due to this low incidence, therapeutic experience for this entity is limited...
- [Pancytopenia and lymph node swelling. Cardinal symptoms of an unusual differential diagnosis]C Kahl
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie, Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Ernst Heydemann Strasse 6, 18055 Rostock
Internist (Berl) 50:734-9. 2009..This therapy resulted in normalization of the blood counts. Anitibody levels and the EBV genome levels became negative...
- [Differential diagnosis of a macrocytic, hyperchromic anemia following alcohol abuse and simultaneous therapy with triamterene and cotrimoxazole]C Kahl
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie, Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Universitat Rostock
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2139-41. 2005..Skin and mucosa were pale, she denied major infections or bleedings. An alcohol abuse was known for many years. Because of edema she received a therapy with triamteren, an infection of the urinary tract was treated with cotrimoxacol...
- Treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphomas (PTCL) with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous or allogeneic hematopoietic transplantationC Kahl
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Ann Hematol 81:646-50. 2002..Because of the poor outcome of these patients after conventional chemotherapy, HDCT seems to be a rational option in first-line therapy. Whether it improves survival in these patients should be further investigated...
- Replacement of calcineurin inhibitors with daclizumab in patients with transplantation-associated microangiopathy or renal insufficiency associated with graft-versus-host diseaseD Wolff
Department of Haematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:445-51. 2006..Our data demonstrate that replacement of CI by daclizumab can improve TAM and RI. However, mortality remains high in patients with acute GVHD...
- Invasive zygomycosis in patients with graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantationM Leithauser
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Transpl Infect Dis 12:251-7. 2010..Despite effective antifungals and surgical intervention, the prognosis is grim in patients with active GVHD, as immunoreconstitution is mandatory for successful management...
- Treatment with campath-1H for relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation does not abrogate the development of chronic GVHDDaniel Wolff
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Eur J Haematol 72:145-8. 2004..Furthermore, the GVL effect was not abrogated by the use of campath-1H...
- [Allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation in high-risk patients after conditioning with treosulfan and fludarabine]J Casper
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie der Medizinischen Fakultät der Universität Rostock
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2125-9. 2005..We have, therefore, developed a dose intense but toxicity reduced conditioning regimen based on treosulfan and fludarabine and report first results...
- [Rational therapy with hematopoetic growth factors (G-CSF, GM-CSF) for patients in neutropenia]C Kahl
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie, Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Universitat Rostock, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1473-8. 2002
- Progressive interstitial fibrosis of the lung in sclerodermoid chronic graft-versus-host diseaseD Wolff
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:357-60. 2002..While one patient responded to increased immunosuppression including total nodal irradiation (1 Gy), the other patient died due to complications related to pulmonary fibrosis...
- Antiviral prophylaxis in patients with haematological malignancies and solid tumours: Guidelines of the Infectious Diseases Working Party (AGIHO) of the German Society for Hematology and Oncology (DGHO)M Sandherr
Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum Augsburg, Germany
Ann Oncol 17:1051-9. 2006..The objective of this guideline is to review the basis of prophylactic strategies and to provide recommendations for clinicians treating patients with haematological malignancies and solid tumors...
- Ifosamide, epirubicin and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: a regimen for successful mobilization of peripheral blood progenitor cells in patients with multiple myelomaM Arland
Division of Medicine, Klinikum Fulda, Germany
Hematol Oncol 19:59-66. 2001....