Affiliation: University of Rostock
- Incidence and outcome of bacterial and fungal infections following nonmyeloablative compared with myeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a matched control studyChristian Junghanss
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:512-20. 2002..This risk is an important consideration for the future development of preventive strategies...
- Multivariate analyses of prognostic factors in acute myeloid leukemia: relevance of cytogenetic abnormalities and CD34 expressionC Junghanss
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Neoplasma 52:402-10. 2005..In conclusion, karyotype and CD34 expression are independent prognostic markers in newly diagnosed AML. Furthermore, receiving an allogeneic HSCT at some point of the treatment course seems to be of benefit for AML patients...
- MicroRNA 181a influences the expression of HMGB1 and CD4 in acute LeukemiasMeike Dahlhaus
University of Rostock, Division of Medicine, Department of Hematology Oncology Palliative Medicine, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Anticancer Res 33:445-52. 2013..Overexpression of miR-181a in AML cells led to a significant decrease in cell proliferation and metabolic activity. The present data indicate a possible role of this specific miRNA in immunogenicity...
- Everolimus in combination with cyclosporin a as pre- and posttransplantation immunosuppressive therapy in nonmyeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationChristian Junghanss
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic III Hematology, Oncology, Palliative Medicine, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Strasse 6, Rostock, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:1061-8. 2012..Hence, our study does not support the application of RAD001/CsA as standard practice in this setting...
- Cytomegalovirus infections following chemotherapies of the newer generationChristian Junghanss
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Haematologica 90:1591. 2005
- Investigation of immunological approaches to enhance engraftment in a 1 Gy TBI canine hematopoietic stem cell transplantation modelSandra Lange
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Exp Hematol 37:143-50. 2009..We investigated whether postgrafting stimulation of donor T cells against recipient's hematopoietic antigens or graft augmentation with donor monocyte-derived dendritic cells (MoDC) promote engraftment following 1 Gy TBI...
- Upfront denileukin diftitox as in vivo regulatory T-cell depletion in order to enhance vaccination effects in a canine allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation modelAnne Knueppel
Hematology Oncology Palliative Medicine, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Strasse 6, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 145:233-40. 2012..This effect could not be confirmed in vivo even if the immune system was stimulated by vaccinations...
- The dual kinase inhibitor NVP-BEZ235 in combination with cytotoxic drugs exerts anti-proliferative activity towards acute lymphoblastic leukemia cellsCatrin Schult
University of Rostock, Division of Medicine, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Medicine, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Anticancer Res 32:463-74. 2012..Here, we examined the activity of NVP-BEZ235 in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cells and the best modalities for combination approaches...
- Chronic graft versus host disease but not the intensity of conditioning has impact on survival after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for advanced hematological diseasesInken Hilgendorf
Department of Hematology, Oncology, Palliative Care, University of Rostock, Germany
Onkologie 35:487-92. 2012..Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (alloHSCT) is often performed in cases of advanced hematological diseases, but because of the associated mortality and a high risk of relapse it is life prolonging only in some patients...
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of freshly isolated and expanded canine regulatory T cellsAnne Knueppel
Division of Medicine, Department of Hematology Oncology Palliative Care, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Strasse, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Exp Anim 60:471-9. 2011..Enrichment and expansion of canine T(reg) is feasible, and canine T(reg) had similar characteristics to T(reg) from other species...
- Enteral budesonide in treatment for mild and moderate gastrointestinal chronic GVHDH Andree
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:541-6. 2008..BUD represents a treatment option in mild-to-moderate cGVHD, which is well tolerated and associated with a high response rate in gastrointestinal cGVHD...
- Neurological complications after intrathecal liposomal cytarabine application in patients after allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantationInken Hilgendorf
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Haematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18057, Rostock, Germany
Ann Hematol 87:1009-12. 2008..The feasibility and safety of liposomal cytarabine in HSCT recipients has to be evaluated in a prospective study...
- Validation of the grip test and human activity profile for evaluation of physical performance during the intermediate phase after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMaxi Kramer
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Support Care Cancer 21:1121-9. 2013..The aims of the presented study were to validate tools evaluating physical functioning (PF) after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (alloHSCT) and to analyze the impact of the clinical course on PF...
- Azacitidine in patients with acute myeloid leukemia medically unfit for or resistant to chemotherapy: a multicenter phase I/II studyHaifa K Al-Ali
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 53:110-7. 2012..05). Lower marrow blasts on day 15 of cycle 1, irrespective of pretreatment count, predicted subsequent response (p = 0.01). Azacitidine is active and well tolerated in elderly patients with newly diagnosed AML...
- Multimodal therapy for localized spinal epidural follicular lymphomaChristoph Kahl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Germany
Onkologie 33:381-4. 2010..An epidural growth of low-grade lymphoma is even more unusual. Due to this low incidence, therapeutic experience for this entity is limited...
- Systems biologists seek fuller integration of systems biology approaches in new cancer research programsOlaf Wolkenhauer
University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Cancer Res 70:12-3. 2010....
- Treatment of steroid-resistant acute graft-versus-host disease with daclizumab and etanerceptD Wolff
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:1003-10. 2005..Nevertheless, long-term mortality due to infectious complications and chronic GVHD remains high...
- Invasive zygomycosis in patients with graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantationM Leithauser
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Transpl Infect Dis 12:251-7. 2010..Despite effective antifungals and surgical intervention, the prognosis is grim in patients with active GVHD, as immunoreconstitution is mandatory for successful management...
- [Pancytopenia and lymph node swelling. Cardinal symptoms of an unusual differential diagnosis]C Kahl
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie, Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Ernst Heydemann Strasse 6, 18055 Rostock
Internist (Berl) 50:734-9. 2009..This therapy resulted in normalization of the blood counts. Anitibody levels and the EBV genome levels became negative...
- Treatment with campath-1H for relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation does not abrogate the development of chronic GVHDDaniel Wolff
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
Eur J Haematol 72:145-8. 2004..Furthermore, the GVL effect was not abrogated by the use of campath-1H...
- Replacement of calcineurin inhibitors with daclizumab in patients with transplantation-associated microangiopathy or renal insufficiency associated with graft-versus-host diseaseD Wolff
Department of Haematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:445-51. 2006..Our data demonstrate that replacement of CI by daclizumab can improve TAM and RI. However, mortality remains high in patients with acute GVHD...
- [Allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation in high-risk patients after conditioning with treosulfan and fludarabine]J Casper
Abteilung Hämatologie und Onkologie der Medizinischen Fakultät der Universität Rostock
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2125-9. 2005..We have, therefore, developed a dose intense but toxicity reduced conditioning regimen based on treosulfan and fludarabine and report first results...
- The multikinase inhibitor Sorafenib displays significant antiproliferative effects and induces apoptosis via caspase 3, 7 and PARP in B- and T-lymphoblastic cellsCatrin Schult
University of Rostock, Division of Medicine, Department of Hematology Oncology, Rostock, Germany
BMC Cancer 10:560. 2010..The multikinase inhibitor Sorafenib has antitumor activity in solid tumors and its effects on acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cells are still unclear...
- Methotrexate-albumin and aminopterin-albumin effectively prevent experimental acute graft-versus-host diseaseDaniel Wolff
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Transplantation 82:527-33. 2006..We explored the activity of two antifolates methotrexate (MTX) and aminopterin (AMPT) bound to HSA in prophylaxis and treatment of experimental acute graft-versus-host disease (aGVHD)...
- Interference of a novel indolylmaleimide with microtubules induces mitotic arrest and apoptosis in human progenitor and cancer cellsChristian Eisenlöffel
Albrecht Kossel Institute for Neuroregeneration, Center for Mental Health, University of Rostock, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 85:763-71. 2013..Thus PDA-66 is a new anti-mitotic compound with an indole-core with the potential to be used for cancer therapy...
- Pharmacokinetics of oral mycophenolate mofetil in combination with CsA in dogs after nonmyeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationS Lange
Department of Hematology Oncology, Division of Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:667-74. 2008..Toxicities did not permit single doses higher than 30 mg/kg. Thus, if larger AUCs are desired in order to assure sufficient immunosuppression in HSCT, MMF might have to be administered at least three times daily...
- Infectious risks and outcomes after stem cell transplantation: are nonmyeloablative transplants changing the picture?Christian Junghanss
Department of Medicine, University of Rostock, School of Medicine, Rostock, Germany
Curr Opin Infect Dis 15:347-53. 2002..This review summarizes the infectious risks associated with each type of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation conditioning regimen, and presents the results of early clinical studies...
- Canine haematopoietic chimerism analyses by semiquantitative fluorescence detection of variable number of tandem repeat polymorphismI Hilgendorf
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Vet Res Commun 29:103-10. 2005..The method described provides an accurate assessment of haematopoietic chimerism in the canine model with significantly reduced hands-on time compared to conventional gel electrophoresis...
- High Mobility Group Box 1-Protein expression in canine haematopoietic cells and influence on canine peripheral blood mononuclear cell proliferative activityS Altmann
Division of Medicine, Department of Haematology Oncology, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 126:367-72. 2008..However, in higher concentrations HMGB1 lost its stimulative effect. In conclusion, HMGB1 is broadly expressed in canine haematopoietic cells with highest levels in haematopoietic stem cells. HMGB1 induced directly PBMC proliferation...
- Incidence and outcome of cytomegalovirus infections following nonmyeloablative compared with myeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantation, a matched control studyChristian Junghanss
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 99:1978-85. 2002..Therefore, nonmyeloablative HSCT patients should receive CMV surveillance beyond day 100 and pre-emptive ganciclovir treatment similar to that of myeloablative HSCT patients...
- Impact of unrelated donor status on the incidence and outcome of cytomegalovirus infections after non-myeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantationChristian Junghanss
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Br J Haematol 123:662-70. 2003....
- Adoptive immunotherapy against kidney targets in dog-leukocyte antigen-identical mixed hematopoietic canine chimerasChristian Junghanss
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Transplantation 75:268-74. 2003..Whether sensitization against tissue of solid organs leads to organ-specific immunity that can be transferred by DLI was unknown and was investigated in these experiments using the kidney as target...
- Diagnosis and treatment of documented infections in neutropenic patients--recommendations of the Infectious Diseases Working Party (AGIHO) of the German Society of Hematology and Oncology (DGHO)Dieter Buchheidt
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Wiesbadener Strasse 7 11, 68305, Mannheim, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:S127-32. 2003..The response rate is significantly lower in documented infections than in fever of unknown origin (FUO). Evidence-based recommendations for diagnosis and treatment procedures are presented, reflecting study results and expert opinions...
- Tolerance to vascularized kidney grafts in canine mixed hematopoietic chimerasChristian S Kuhr
Department of Surgery, Urology and Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Transplantation 73:1487-92. 2002..These studies were undertaken to test whether the tolerance of host immune cells toward donor hematopoietic cells in mixed hematopoietic chimeras extends to include a vascularized organ, the kidney...
- An open-label randomized trial comparing itraconazole oral solution with fluconazole oral solution for primary prophylaxis of fungal infections in patients with haematological malignancy and profound neutropeniaAxel Glasmacher
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:317-25. 2006..This trial studied the efficacy and safety of itraconazole and fluconazole in the prevention of invasive fungal infections in neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies...
- Sirolimus in combination with tacrolimus in allogeneic stem cell transplantation--timing and conditioning regimen may be crucialDaniel Wolff
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:942-3. 2008