R J Jox
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Substitute decision making in medicine: comparative analysis of the ethico-legal discourse in England and GermanyRalf J Jox
Interdisciplinary Centre for Palliative Medicine, University Hospital Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Med Health Care Philos 11:153-63. 2008..health care proxies? (2) What should be the respective roles and decisional powers of patient-appointed versus court-appointed substitute decision-makers? (3) Which criteria should be determined by law to guide substitute decision-makers?..
- Physicians' attitudes toward medical and ethical challenges for patients in the vegetative state: comparing Canadian and German perspectives in a vignette surveyKatja Kuehlmeyer
Neuroethics Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
BMC Neurol 14:119. 2014..We examined whether physicians' attitudes toward medical and ethical challenges vary across two national medical practice settings...
- How psychotherapists handle treatment errors -- an ethical analysisIrina Medau
Clinical Ethics UPK, Psychiatric Hospitals of the University Basel, IBMB, University of Basel, Schanzenstr, 13, 4056, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Med Ethics 14:50. 2013..l)...
- [Changing the therapeutic goal in critically ill patients. Ethical analysis of a surgical case]R J Jox
Institut für Ethik, Geschichte und Theorie der Medizin, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Lessingstraße 2, 80336, Munchen, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 117:399-405. 2014..In this case, the initial therapeutic goal was retained. After an extraordinarily prolonged and complex therapy including reconstructive surgery the patient is now living independently at home. ..
- European perspectives on ethics and law in end-of-life careRalf J Jox
Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Munich, Germany Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 118:155-65. 2013..However, at the base of many ethical conflicts there remain deeply rooted differences about promoting the sanctity of life, eradicating suffering, and respecting patients' autonomous wishes. ..
- Disorders of consciousness: responding to requests for novel diagnostic and therapeutic interventionsRalf J Jox
Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Lancet Neurol 11:732-8. 2012..Such requests provide an opportunity for clinicians to learn about patients' values and preferences and to maintain clinical acumen for changes in patient status with the patients' best interests in mind...
- [Advance directives, powers of attorney and end-of-life decisions]R J Jox
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Palliativmedizin der Universität München
MMW Fortschr Med 150:33-4, 36. 2008
- [End-of-life decisions, powers of attorney, and advance directives]R J Jox
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Palliativmedizin, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Nervenarzt 79:729-37; quiz 738-9. 2008..This implies that life-sustaining treatment may be withdrawn or withheld, which is best accomplished with sensitivity to the needs of patients, relatives, and health care professionals...
- Inappropriate sexual behaviour in a case of ALS and FTD: successful treatment with sertralineJohanna M H Anneser
Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Germany
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 8:189-90. 2007..ISB is an embarrassing symptom for most patients and their caregivers and may therefore be under-reported. Since effective treatment is available, we suggest an open and proactive discussion of sexual issues in this patient group...
- [Changing the treatment goal at the end of life: effects of a guideline at a hospital]R J Jox
Institut für Ethik, Geschichte und Theorie der Medizin, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 137:829-33. 2012..As more health care institutions issue ethico-legal guidelines to their staff the effects of such a guideline should be investigated in a pilot project...
- [Prophylaxis and therapy of post-traumatic stress disorder with propranolol: evidence and ethical analysis]K Kühlmeyer
Institut für Ethik, Geschichte und Theorie der Medizin, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Lessingstr 2, 80336, Munchen, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 84:1183-9. 2013..The efficacy of a prophylactic or therapeutic use could not be shown during the last decade. Both treatment approaches raise ethical questions that should already be addressed during the clinical trials. ..
- [Best interests in the 'vegetative state']R J Jox
Institut für Ethik, Geschichte und Theorie der Medizin, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Lessingstraße 2, 80336 Munchen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 79:576-81. 2011..There cannot be a general answer to the question of best interests in the vegetative state, but only an individual answer in shared responsibility and based on the particular features of a special case...
- Limiting life-sustaining treatment in German intensive care units: a multiprofessional surveyRalf J Jox
Interdisciplinary Center for Palliative Medicine, Munich University Hospital, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Crit Care 25:413-9. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the practices and perspectives of German intensive care nurses and physicians on limiting LST...