R J Jox
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Substitute decision making in medicine: comparative analysis of the ethico-legal discourse in England and GermanyRalf J Jox
Interdisciplinary Centre for Palliative Medicine, University Hospital Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Med Health Care Philos 11:153-63. 2008..health care proxies? (2) What should be the respective roles and decisional powers of patient-appointed versus court-appointed substitute decision-makers? (3) Which criteria should be determined by law to guide substitute decision-makers?..
- European perspectives on ethics and law in end-of-life careRalf J Jox
Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Munich, Germany Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 118:155-65. 2013..However, at the base of many ethical conflicts there remain deeply rooted differences about promoting the sanctity of life, eradicating suffering, and respecting patients' autonomous wishes. ..
- Disorders of consciousness: responding to requests for novel diagnostic and therapeutic interventionsRalf J Jox
Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Lancet Neurol 11:732-8. 2012..Such requests provide an opportunity for clinicians to learn about patients' values and preferences and to maintain clinical acumen for changes in patient status with the patients' best interests in mind...
- [Advance directives, powers of attorney and end-of-life decisions]R J Jox
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Palliativmedizin der Universität München
MMW Fortschr Med 150:33-4, 36. 2008
- [End-of-life decisions, powers of attorney, and advance directives]R J Jox
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Palliativmedizin, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Nervenarzt 79:729-37; quiz 738-9. 2008..This implies that life-sustaining treatment may be withdrawn or withheld, which is best accomplished with sensitivity to the needs of patients, relatives, and health care professionals...
- Inappropriate sexual behaviour in a case of ALS and FTD: successful treatment with sertralineJohanna M H Anneser
Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Germany
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 8:189-90. 2007..ISB is an embarrassing symptom for most patients and their caregivers and may therefore be under-reported. Since effective treatment is available, we suggest an open and proactive discussion of sexual issues in this patient group...
- Limiting life-sustaining treatment in German intensive care units: a multiprofessional surveyRalf J Jox
Interdisciplinary Center for Palliative Medicine, Munich University Hospital, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Crit Care 25:413-9. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the practices and perspectives of German intensive care nurses and physicians on limiting LST...