Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Synaptic transmission onto hippocampal glial cells with hGFAP promoter activityRonald Jabs
Experimental Neurobiology, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 118:3791-803. 2005..These data demonstrate that a distinct type of glial cells is integrated into the synaptic circuit of the hippocampus, extending the finding that synapse-based brain information processing is not a property exclusive to neurons...
- Lack of P2X receptor mediated currents in astrocytes and GluR type glial cells of the hippocampal CA1 regionRonald Jabs
Institute of Cellular Neurosciences, Medical School, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Glia 55:1648-55. 2007..It is concluded that in acute preparations, astroglial cells of the hippocampal CA1 subfield do not express functional P2X receptors...
- Nanomolar ambient ATP decelerates P2X3 receptor kineticsAlexander Grote
Institute of Cellular Neurosciences, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Street 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Neuropharmacology 55:1212-8. 2008..The observed modulation of the receptor kinetics could be considered as a physiological fine tuning mechanism of the nociceptive system, driven by the actual ambient agonist concentration...
- Dual reporter approaches for identification of Cre efficacy and astrocyte heterogeneityJoachim Degen
Life and Medical Sciences Institute, Medical Faculty, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
FASEB J 26:4576-83. 2012..Analysis of a newly generated Cx43 knock-in ECFP mouse revealed an unexpected heterogeneity of Cx43-expressing astrocytes across brain areas...
- Astrocytic function and its alteration in the epileptic brainRonald Jabs
Institute of Cellular Neurosciences, Medical Faculty, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Epilepsia 49:3-12. 2008..The goal is to provide an understanding of the current knowledge of these cells with the long-term view of providing a foundation for the development of novel hypotheses about the role of glia in epilepsy...
- Gray matter NG2 cells display multiple Ca2+-signaling pathways and highly motile processesChristian Haberlandt
Institute of Cellular Neurosciences, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17575. 2011..Furthermore, we demonstrate that NG2 cell processes in situ are highly motile. Our findings demonstrate that gray matter NG2 cells are endowed with the cellular machinery for two-way communication with neighboring cells...
- Functional characterization of P2X3 receptors fused with fluorescent proteinsAlexander Grote
Experimental Neurobiology, Neurosurgery, Sigmund-Freud-Strasse 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Mol Membr Biol 22:497-506. 2005..We conclude that both fusion proteins tested here are suitable for generating transgenic mice, which can be expected to promote understanding of the physiological role of P2X3 receptors in CNS signaling...
- Direct visualization of cell division using high-resolution imaging of M-phase of the cell cycleMichael Hesse
Institute of Physiology I, Life and Brain Center, University of Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Nat Commun 3:1076. 2012..Thus, the enhanced green fluorescent protein-anillin system enables monitoring and measurement of cell division in vivo and markedly simplifies in vitro analysis in fixed cells...