Martin J Hug
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Feasibility and impact of an intensified antibiotic stewardship programme targeting cephalosporin and fluoroquinolone use in a tertiary care university medical centerJohannes P Borde
Department of Medicine, Abteilung Infektiologie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Hugstetter Straße 55, D 79106 Freiburg i, BR, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 14:201. 2014..We implemented an intensified antibiotic stewardship (ABS) programme in the medical service of a university hospital center aiming at a reduction by at least 30% in the use of these two drug classes...
- Kinetic targeting of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin: a new approach to reduce toxicity during chemotherapy (CARL-trial)Jürgen Eckes
Medical Practice, Altdorfstr 10, Emmendingen, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:337. 2011..Once saturation in tumor tissue is achieved, most of the administered DDS still circulate in the plasma. The extracorporeal elimination of these circulating nanoparticles would probably reduce toxicity...
- Measurement of ion transport function in rectal biopsiesMartin J Hug
Pharmacy, University Medical Center Freiburg, D 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 741:87-107. 2011..In this chapter we will review the different approaches to perform ion transport measurements and try to highlight the advantages and limitations of these techniques...
- How to measure CFTR-dependent bicarbonate transport: from single channels to the intact epitheliumMartin J Hug
Pharmacy, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 741:489-509. 2011..In this chapter we will review some of the techniques available to measure bicarbonate transport through single ion channels, individual cells, and intact epithelial layers...
- Controlled application and scheduled removal of nanoparticle based chemotherapeutics (CARL) will reduce dose limiting adverse events in anticancer chemotherapyGerhard Putz
University Freiburg Medical Center, Department Clinical Chemistry, Hugstetter Street 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Med Hypotheses 72:393-7. 2009..In conclusion, the combination of DDS and scheduled apheresis may allow the development of new chemotherapy regiments with higher impact and/or less toxicity...
- Controlled application and removal of liposomal therapeutics: effective elimination of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin by double-filtration plasmapheresis in vitroGerhard Putz
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Clin Apher 25:54-62. 2010..Finding a way to detoxify the predominant part of a given dose, circulating in the blood after accumulation is completed, will presumably reduce severe side effects during chemotherapy...