Affiliation: University of Munich
- Fourier domain mode locking at 1050 nm for ultra-high-speed optical coherence tomography of the human retina at 236,000 axial scans per secondR Huber
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Opt Lett 32:2049-51. 2007..This represents a speed improvement of approximately10x over typical high-speed OCT systems, paving the way for densely sampled volumetric data sets and new imaging protocols...
- High-speed, high-resolution optical coherence tomography retinal imaging with a frequency-swept laser at 850 nmV J Srinivasan
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Opt Lett 32:361-3. 2007..The laser enables an effective 16 kHz sweep rate with >10 mm coherence length and a tuning range of approximately 35 nm full width at half-maximum, yielding an axial resolution of <7 micro m in tissue...
- Creatine monohydrate in muscular dystrophies: A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studyM C Walter
Friedrich Baur Institute, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Neurology 54:1848-50. 2000..There was mild but significant improvement in muscle strength and daily-life activities by Medical Research Council scales and the Neuromuscular Symptom Score. Cr was well tolerated throughout the study period...
- Crystal structure of the 20S proteasome from the archaeon T. acidophilum at 3.4 A resolutionJ Lowe
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung für Strukturforschung, Martinsried, Germany
Science 268:533-9. 1995..The binding of a peptide aldehyde inhibitor marks the active site in the central cavity at the amino termini of the beta subunits and suggests a novel proteolytic mechanism...
- Structural analysis at 2.2 A of orthorhombic crystals presents the asymmetry of the allophycocyanin-linker complex, AP.LC7.8, from phycobilisomes of Mastigocladus laminosusW Reuter
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82158 Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1363-8. 1999..These results will enable interpretations of energy-transfer mechanisms within phycobiliproteins...
- The refined 1.9 A crystal structure of human alpha-thrombin: interaction with D-Phe-Pro-Arg chloromethylketone and significance of the Tyr-Pro-Pro-Trp insertion segmentW Bode
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, FRG
EMBO J 8:3467-75. 1989..The narrow active site cleft, with a more polar base and hydrophobic rims, extends towards the arginine-rich surface of loop Lys70-Glu80 that probably represents part of the anionic binding region for hirudin and fibrinogen...
- CO2 and O2 concentrations in integral motorcycle helmetsP A Brühwiler
Empa, Materials Science and Technology, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, CH 9014 St Gallen, Switzerland
Appl Ergon 36:625-33. 2005..2%. The oxygen deficiency is generally equal to the CO2 concentration, and could also contribute negatively to a motorcyclist's cognitive abilities...
- Heat transfer variations of bicycle helmetsP A Brühwiler
Empa, St Gallen, ETH Zurich, Zurich Switzerland
J Sports Sci 24:999-1011. 2006..The results suggest that there is significant optimization potential within the basic helmet structure represented in modern bicycle helmets...
- Three-dimensional structure of class pi glutathione S-transferase from human placenta in complex with S-hexylglutathione at 2.8 A resolutionP Reinemer
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
J Mol Biol 227:214-26. 1992..Catalytic models are discussed on the basis of the molecular structure...
- Crystallization, crystal structure analysis and atomic model of the complex formed by a human Fc fragment and fragment B of protein A from Staphylococcus aureusJ Deisenhofer
Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 359:975-85. 1978..In addition, the upper third of CH2 is disordered in the complex crystals. Possible sources of this disorder are discussed...