Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- Hollborn M, Rehak M, Iandiev I, Pannicke T, Ulbricht E, Reichenbach A, et al. Transcriptional regulation of aquaporins in the ischemic rat retina: upregulation of aquaporin-9. Curr Eye Res. 2012;37:524-31 pubmed publisher..The data may suggest that the expression of retinal AQP9 is regulated by metabolic and oxidative stress. Upregulation of AQP9 in RPE cells may prevent lactic acidosis and subretinal edema under ischemic and oxidative stress conditions. ..
- Hollborn M, Petto C, Steffen A, Trettner S, Bendig A, Wiedemann P, et al. Effects of thrombin on RPE cells are mediated by transactivation of growth factor receptors. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:4452-9 pubmed publisher..Thrombin stimulates the secretion of VEGF-A, the expression of FLT1, and the chemotaxis of RPE cells via transactivation of TGF-beta and PDGF receptors, respectively. ..
- Hollborn M, Wiedemann P, Bringmann A, Kohen L. Chemotactic and cytotoxic effects of minocycline on human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:2721-9 pubmed publisher..Low-dose minocycline induces the activation of RPE cells, as indicated by the activation of p38 and ERK1/2 and by enhanced chemotaxis mediated by autocrine PDGF signaling. High-dose minocycline induces RPE cell degeneration. ..
- Hollborn M, Reichmuth K, Prager P, Wiedemann P, Bringmann A, Kohen L. Osmotic induction of placental growth factor in retinal pigment epithelial cells in vitro: contribution of NFAT5 activity. Mol Biol Rep. 2016;43:803-14 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that high consumption of dietary salt may exacerbate the angiogenic response of RPE cells in the hypoxic retina via transcriptional activation of various VEGF family member genes. ..
- Hollborn M, Tenckhoff S, Jahn K, Iandiev I, Biedermann B, Schnurrbusch U, et al. Changes in retinal gene expression in proliferative vitreoretinopathy: glial cell expression of HB-EGF. Mol Vis. 2005;11:397-413 pubmed....
- Hollborn M, Dukic Stefanovic S, Pannicke T, Ulbricht E, Reichenbach A, Wiedemann P, et al. Expression of aquaporins in the retina of diabetic rats. Curr Eye Res. 2011;36:850-6 pubmed publisher..These alterations might be involved in the adaptation of retinal cells to hyperglycemic conditions and the development and/or resolution of retinal edema. ..
- Hollborn M, Ulbricht E, Reichenbach A, Wiedemann P, Bringmann A, Kohen L. Transcriptional regulation of aquaporin-3 in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:7949-56 pubmed publisher..Activation of phospholipase A(2) is a critical factor which induces AQP3 in RPE cells. ..
- Winges A, Garcia T, Prager P, Wiedemann P, Kohen L, Bringmann A, et al. Osmotic expression of aldose reductase in retinal pigment epithelial cells: involvement of NFAT5. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2016;254:2387-2400 pubmed..The data suggest that sorbitol accumulation in RPE cells occurs under hyperosmotic, but not hypoxic and oxidative stress conditions. NFAT5- and AR-mediated sorbitol accumulation may protect RPE cells under conditions of osmotic stress. ..