Affiliation: University of Munich
- Alveolar Epithelial A2B Adenosine Receptors in Pulmonary Protection during Acute Lung InjurySandra Hoegl
Organ Protection Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045 Department of Anesthesiology, Comprehensive Pneumology Center Munich, German Center for Lung Research, University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University, D 81377 Munich, Germany and
J Immunol 195:1815-24. 2015..Collectively, these findings suggest that alveolar epithelial A2B adenosine receptor signaling contributes to lung protection, and they implicate inhaled A2B adenosine receptor agonists in ALI treatment. ..
- Worsening respiratory function in mechanically ventilated intensive care patients: feasibility and value of xenon-enhanced dual energy CTSandra Hoegl
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Hospital Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur J Radiol 82:557-62. 2013..To evaluate the feasibility and incremental diagnostic value of xenon-enhanced dual-energy CT in mechanically ventilated intensive care patients with worsening respiratory function...
- Protective properties of inhaled IL-22 in a model of ventilator-induced lung injurySandra Hoegl
Clinic for Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:369-76. 2011..These data support the hypothesis that IL-22, likely via activation of STAT3 and downstream genes (e.g., SOCS3), is able to protect against cell stretch and pulmonary baro-/biotrauma by enhancing epithelial cell resistibility...
- Inhaled IL-10 reduces biotrauma and mortality in a model of ventilator-induced lung injurySandra Hoegl
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Respir Med 103:463-70. 2009..By limiting the pulmonal inflammation cascade the anti-inflammatory cytokine interleukin (IL)-10 may have protective effects. Via inhalation, IL-10 reaches the pulmonary system directly and in high concentrations...
- Short-term exposure to high-pressure ventilation leads to pulmonary biotrauma and systemic inflammation in the ratSandra Hoegl
Clinic of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilians University, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Int J Mol Med 21:513-9. 2008..Thus, by combining barotrauma with biotrauma, this animal model may be suitable for studying therapeutical approaches to VILI...
- Cuff overinflation and endotracheal tube obstruction: case report and experimental studyChristian Hofstetter
Clinic of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine, and Pain Therapy, J W Goethe University Hospital Frankfurt, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 18:18. 2010..Prehospital climate and storage conditions were simulated...
- Inhaled levosimendan reduces mortality and release of proinflammatory mediators in a rat model of experimental ventilator-induced lung injuryKim A Boost
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, University Hospital of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Crit Care Med 36:1873-9. 2008..We therefore aimed to evaluate whether inhalation therapy with levosimendan, a calcium-sensitizer with pulmonary vasodilating properties, could attenuate VILI and improve short-term survival in a rat experimental model...
- Norepinephrine and vasopressin counteract anti-inflammatory effects of isoflurane in endotoxemic ratsChristian Hofstetter
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Int J Mol Med 20:597-604. 2007..The data demonstrate that the administration of norepinephrine or vasopressin both counteracted the anti-inflammatory effects of inhaled isoflurane on proinflammatory cytokine release during experimental endotoxemia in rats...
- Cecal ligation and incision: an acute onset model of severe sepsis in ratsPatrick Scheiermann
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine, and Pain Therapy, Hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Surg Res 151:132-7. 2009..We therefore aimed to establish a surgical model of severe sepsis in rodents fulfilling international sepsis criteria...
- Effects of short-term infusion of lipid emulsions on pro-inflammatory cytokines and lymphocyte apoptosis in septic and non-septic ratsPatrick Scheiermann
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Br J Nutr 106:27-32. 2011..Moreover, short-term administration of both SO and FO suffices to induce apoptosis in splenic lymphocytes. Finally, SO and FO do not further enhance sepsis-induced splenic apoptosis...
- Interleukin-10 aerosol reduces proinflammatory mediators in bronchoalveolar fluid of endotoxemic ratChristian Hofstetter
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University of Frankfurt, Germany
Crit Care Med 33:2317-22. 2005....
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome following cardiovascular surgery: current concepts and novel therapeutic approachesSandra Hoegl
aOrgan Protection Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA bDepartment of Anesthesiology and Comprehensive Pneumology Center Munich CPC M, German Center for Lung Research, University Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany cDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 29:94-100. 2016..This review gives an update on current treatment options and novel concepts on the prevention and treatment of the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in cardiovascular surgery patients...
- Hypoxia signaling during acute lung injuryChristine U Vohwinkel
Organ Protection Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado and
J Appl Physiol (1985) 119:1157-63. 2015..In the present review we discuss functional roles of oxygenation, hypoxia and HIFs during ALI, mechanisms of how HIFs are stabilized during lung inflammation, and how HIFs can mediate lung protection during ALI. ..