Affiliation: University of Kiel
- Idiosyncratic drug allergic phenprocoumon-induced hepatitis with subacute liver failure initially misdiagnosed as autoimmune hepatitisH Hinrichsen
First Dept of Medicine, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:780-3. 2001..Coumarin anticoagulants are known to cause hepatotoxicity, but only a few cases have been reported. Coumarins are usually administered following cardiovascular surgery and the differential diagnosis is post-transfusion hepatitis...
- Short-term antiviral efficacy of BILN 2061, a hepatitis C virus serine protease inhibitor, in hepatitis C genotype 1 patientsHolger Hinrichsen
Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Kiel, Germany
Gastroenterology 127:1347-55. 2004..BILN 2061 is a potent and specific inhibitor of HCV serine protease in vitro. Preclinical toxicology data and studies in healthy volunteers supported the administration of BILN 2061 to patients with HCV infection...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for hepatitis G (HGV) infection in haemodialysis patients: a multicentre studyHolger Hinrichsen
First Department of Medicine, Christian Albrechts University, Schittenhelmstrasse 12, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:271-5. 2002..The aim of the present investigation was to assess the prevalence of HGV by antibody testing and HGV-RNA determination by PCR...
- [Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt: evaluation of the impact of the stent's configuration on the patency rate]P J Schaefer
Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitätskliniken Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Rofo 179:965-70. 2007..To evaluate the impact of the configuration of the stent on the patency rate after transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt with a self-expanding stent...
- [Erythema gyratum repens: drug reaction following azathioprine administration in a patient with type I autoimmune hepatitis]Rainer Günther
Klinik für Allgemeine Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Kiel
Med Klin (Munich) 97:414-7. 2002..Erythema gyratum repens is a rare, clinically specific, and distinctive paraneoplastic syndrome...
- Stent placement with the monorail technique for treatment of mesenteric artery stenosisPhilipp J Schaefer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:637-43. 2006..To analyze the immediate and midterm success of stenting of mesenteric arteries by a monorail technique in patients with chronic mesenteric ischemia...
- Chronic portal vein thrombosis: transcapsular hepatic collateral vessels and communicating ectopic varicesMarcus Seeger
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Radiology 257:568-78. 2010..To assess patients with chronic portal vein thrombosis (PVT) with respect to transcapsular collateral veins, the communication between these veins and ectopic varices, and the cause of PVT...
- Prevalence and risk factors of hepatitis C virus infection in haemodialysis patients: a multicentre study in 2796 patientsH Hinrichsen
I Department of Medicine, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Gut 51:429-33. 2002..Furthermore, liver function tests were performed and epidemiological data were obtained to determine risk factors for HCV in this cohort of patients...
- Genetic variants in the CCR gene cluster and spontaneous viral elimination in hepatitis C-infected patientsS Mascheretti
Medical Department I, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Clin Exp Immunol 136:328-33. 2004..018). None of the other variants in the CCR gene cluster showed association with the natural course of the infection, stage of fibrosis or response to therapy...
- Determinants of hyperhomocysteinemia in patients with chronic liver disease and after orthotopic liver transplantationAnja Bosy-Westphal
, , Kiel, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1269-77. 2003..Basal tHcy concentrations do not change significantly after supplementation with folate and vitamin B-6, but postprandial Hcy metabolism improves...
- Placebo-controlled trial of 400 mg amantadine combined with peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin for 48 weeks in chronic hepatitis C virus-1 infectionMichael von Wagner
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt, Main, Germany
Hepatology 48:1404-11. 2008..CONCLUSION: In this large placebo-controlled multicenter study, amantadine even at a dose of 400 mg/day did not improve virological response rates of peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin in patients with chronic genotype HCV-1 infection...
- Therapeutic vaccination of chronic hepatitis C nonresponder patients with the peptide vaccine IC41Christoph S Klade
Intercell AG, Vienna, Austria
Gastroenterology 134:1385-95. 2008..We aimed to investigate whether IC41 is able to induce HCV-specific T-cell responses also in chronic hepatitis C patients...
- Efficacy of amantadine on quality of life in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with interferon-alpha and ribavirin: results from a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trialBernd Kronenberger
Department of Medicine I, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt M, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:639-46. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate whether amantadine reduces deterioration of quality of life in patients with chronic hepatitis C during and after treatment with interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) and ribavirin...
- Gender-dependent association of CTLA4 polymorphisms with resolution of hepatitis C virus infectionEckart Schott
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, CVK, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Hepatol 46:372-80. 2007..We investigated whether CTLA4 single nucleotide polymorphisms are associated with the resolution of infection or with the course of disease...
- Viral kinetics in patients with chronic hepatitis C treated with the serine protease inhibitor BILN 2061Eva Herrmann
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Innere Medizin II, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
Antivir Ther 11:371-6. 2006..Estimates of viral clearance and infected-cell loss support conclusions on these rates and on treatment mechanisms from previous studies on interferon-alpha-based treatments...
- Mycophenolate mofetil in combination with recombinant interferon alfa-2a in interferon-nonresponder patients with chronic hepatitis CMarkus Cornberg
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D-30625 Hannover, Germany
J Hepatol 37:843-7. 2002..These data suggest that inhibition of the IMPDH seems not to be the major mechanism of ribavirin in enhancing the antiviral effect of interferon alfa in chronic hepatitis C...
- Peginterferon-alpha-2a (40KD) and ribavirin for 16 or 24 weeks in patients with genotype 2 or 3 chronic hepatitis CMichael von Wagner
, Homburg/Saar, Germany
Gastroenterology 129:522-7. 2005..In patients infected by HCV-3 (high viral load), longer treatment may be necessary...
- [Erythema gyratum repens. Drug hypersensitivity after azathioprine in a patient with type 1 autoimmune hepatitis]Zum Beitrag von Rainer Günther
Med Klin (Munich) 97:759. 2002
- Prediction of treatment outcome in patients with chronic hepatitis C: significance of baseline parameters and viral dynamics during therapyThomas Berg
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, , Campus Virchow-Klinikum, , Berlin, Germany
Hepatology 37:600-9. 2003..This algorithm recognizes 53.7% of nonresponders previously identified at week 24 of treatment...
- Triple therapy with amantadine in treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C: a placebo-controlled trialThomas Berg
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Hepatology 37:1359-67. 2003....
- Antiviral efficacy of NS3-serine protease inhibitor BILN-2061 in patients with chronic genotype 2 and 3 hepatitis CMarkus Reiser
Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Hepatology 41:832-5. 2005..A lower affinity of BILN-2061 for the NS3 protease of genotypes 2 and 3 HCV is most likely a major contributor to these findings...
- [Main symptom jaundice--differential diagnosis at the bedside]Lars Langeloh
Klinik für Allgemeine Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstrasse 12, 24105 Kiel
Med Klin (Munich) 102:37-47; quiz 48-9. 2007..To demonstrate this, the second part of this review sets the focus on the analysis of three case reports from the clinical point of view. The differential diagnosis of jaundice is summarized in a table...
- Long-term follow-up after successful interferon therapy of acute hepatitis CJohannes Wiegand
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Hepatology 40:98-107. 2004..Waning of anti-HCV humoral immunity and presence of HCV-specific CD8(+) (but not CD4(+)) T cells highlights the complexity of T-cell and B-cell memory to HCV, which might be significantly altered by IFN treatment...
- Does noninvasive staging of fibrosis challenge liver biopsy as a gold standard in chronic hepatitis C?Thomas Berg
Hepatology 39:1456-7; author reply 1457-8. 2004