Claus Peter Heussel
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Importance of pulmonary imaging diagnostics in the management of febrile neutropenic patientsClaus Peter Heussel
Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Chest Clinics at University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Mycoses 54:17-26. 2011..Then, the perspectives for imaging techniques beyond early detection of pulmonary foci--exclusion of pneumonia, monitoring, characterisation of infiltrates and guidance for intervention--are reviewed...
- Contrast enhanced CT-scans are not comparable to non-enhanced scans in emphysema quantificationC P Heussel
Department of Interventional and Diagnostic Radiology, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, University Hospital Heidelberg, Amalienstrasse 5, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 74:473-8. 2010..Therefore the amount of quantified emphysema is reduced and the lung density increased after contrast enhancement. In longitudinal analyses, non-enhanced scans should be the reference, while enhanced scans cannot be used...
- Fully automatic quantitative assessment of emphysema in computed tomography: comparison with pulmonary function testing and normal valuesC P Heussel
Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, University Hospital Heidelberg, Amalienstrasse 5, 69126, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:2391-402. 2009..An emphysema index of lower 20%, MLD higher than -850, and 15(th) percentile lower than -950 might be regarded as normal (thin-section, nonenhanced, B40, YACTA). These ranges might be helpful in the judgement of individual measures...
- Detection and size of pulmonary lesions: how accurate is MRI? A prospective comparison of CT and MRITobias Heye
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Radiol 53:153-60. 2012..Therefore, the diagnostic performance of MRI in reliably detecting pulmonary lesions should be established...
- Correlation of radio- and histomorphological pattern of pulmonary adenocarcinomaMathieu Lederlin
Dept of Radiology, UniversityHospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, France
Eur Respir J 41:943-51. 2013..These data may form the basis for the development of future prognostic algorithms in the palliative setting, which include an integrated evaluation of biopsy histomorphology and CT scan morphology of nonresectable pulmonary ADC...
- Efficacy of bronchoscopic thermal vapor ablation and lobar fissure completeness in patients with heterogeneous emphysemaDaniela Gompelmann
Pneumology and Critical Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 83:400-6. 2012..Objectives: To determine the correlation of clinical data from a trial of BTVA with fissure integrity visually assessed by computed tomography (CT)...
- Effectiveness of endobronchial coil treatment for lung volume reduction in patients with severe heterogeneous emphysema and bilateral incomplete fissures: a six-month follow-upKonstantina Kontogianni
Department of Pulmonology and Respiratory Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik at the University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 88:52-60. 2014..Further studies are needed to assess the long-term effects of LVRC in these patients. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel. ..
- Lung sequestration: a rare cause for pulmonary symptoms in adulthoodDaniela Gompelmann
Department of Pneumology and Respiratory Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Respiration 82:445-50. 2011..Lung sequestration is a rare congenital pulmonary disorder and is usually diagnosed in children with recurrent pulmonary infections. Lung sequestrations are not commonly found to be a cause of respiratory symptoms in adults...
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in cystic fibrosis lung diseaseMonika Eichinger
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, Radiology E010, Heidelberg, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:1370-8. 2010..The recommendation is to further reduce radiation dose related to the use of CT and to use MRI in the follow-up of morphological changes where possible...
- Visualization of morphological parenchymal changes in emphysema: comparison of different MRI sequences to 3D-HRCTJulia Ley-Zaporozhan
Department of Pediatric Radiology, Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 73:43-9. 2010..However, the capability of MRI to visualize morphological parenchymal alterations in emphysema is undetermined. Thus, the aim of the study was to compare different MRI sequences with CT...
- Quantitative volumetric CT-histogram analysis in N-staging of 18F-FDG-equivocal patients with lung cancerPaul Flechsig
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 55:559-64. 2014..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether volumetric CT histogram analysis can improve the characterization of lymph nodes on PET/CT staging of patients with lung cancer...
- LungPoint--a new approach to peripheral lesionsRalf Eberhardt
Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Thorac Oncol 5:1559-63. 2010..We wanted to explore whether a new bronchoscopic navigation system could help access the peripheral lung airways and enable lesion sampling...
- [Microscopic polyangiitis as etiology for lung fibrosis--a known but often late-diagnosed cause]Daniela Rosa Gompelmann
Pneumologie, Thoraxklinik Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 104:476-9. 2009..It is characterized by progressive exertional dyspnea, radiologic detection of reticular shadowing, and increased titers of MPA-associated autoantibodies. This case study shall remind of the rare treatable cause of lung fibrosis...