Affiliation: University of Rostock
- Autonomic responses in boys with externalizing disordersS C Herpertz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Rostock University, Germany
J Neural Transm 110:1181-95. 2003..Since externalizing disorders are suggested to implicate a risk of antisocial behavior in later life, psychophysiological measurements were assessed commonly used in the realm of antisocial behavior...
- [Impulse control disorders in borderline and antisocial personality disorder]S Herpertz
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitäit Rostock
MMW Fortschr Med 149:33-6. 2007..The family doctor must refer such patients to a specialist, when there is an acute danger of self-harm or when a grave functional limitation in the areas of work or interpersonal relationship has persisted over a long period of time...
- Similar autonomic responsivity in boys with conduct disorder and their fathersSabine C Herpertz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Rostock University, Rostock, Germany
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:535-44. 2007..Antisocial behavior frequently occurs in families. This study investigated whether autonomic hypoarousal and hyporesponsivity, which have been observed in antisocial individuals of all ages, are passed from fathers to male offspring...
- Response to emotional stimuli in boys with conduct disorderSabine C Herpertz
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Rostock University, Gehlsheimer Str 20, D 18147 Rostock, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 162:1100-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine autonomic arousal in boys with conduct disorder, comorbid conduct disorder and ADHD, and ADHD only...
- [Considerations on the work of the neuropsychiatrist Gabriel Anton (1858-1933)]E Kumbier
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Zentrum für Nervenheilkunde der Universität Rostock, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 76:1132-6, 1138-40. 2005..In addition, he did preliminary work in the development of child and adolescent psychiatry. Today, some of his work in the field of eugenics is controversial...
- Fatty acids and sleep in depressed inpatientsG Irmisch
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Rostock University, Gehlsheimer Strasse 20, D 18147 Rostock, Germany
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:1-7. 2007..In contrast to our hypothesis, there is not only a significant lack of n-3 fatty acids but also of special monoenoic and n-6 fatty acids in sleep-disturbed depressives...
- Validation of the Addenbrooke's cognitive examination for detecting early Alzheimer's disease and mild vascular dementia in a German populationP Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Zentrum fur Nervenheilkunde, Universitat Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:385-91. 2006..The German version of the ACE is a short and practical but accurate test battery for the identification of AD and VaD, assessing a broad range of cognitive functions and providing a wide profile of cognitive functions/dysfunctions...
- "Patterns of comorbidity" among DSM-III-R and ICD-10 personality disorders as observed with a new inventory for the assessment of personality disordersS Herpertz
Psychiatrische Klinik, , Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:161-9. 1994..Interesting comorbidity patterns are discussed in comparison with several North American studies. Results indicate that clear-cut categorical personality diagnoses are not likely to be set up...
- [Categorical versus dimensional classification of personality disorders: are dimensional models the future?]S Barnow
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie der Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:706-13. 2006..Our results show that the Seven-Factor model discriminates well between PDs and healthy controls, as well as between PDs and Axis-I disorders. We discuss our findings and present a modified scheme to diagnose PDs...
- [Eating disorders and diabetes mellitus]S Herpertz
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Westfälische Klinik Dortmund, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum
Ther Umsch 63:515-9. 2006....
- [Predictors of antisocial behaviour. Peripheral psychophysiological findings in children and adults with conduct disorder]T D Vloet
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Neuenhofer Weg 21, 52074 Aachen
Nervenarzt 77:782-90. 2006..Due to its versatility, this biological marker might be used for prevention in children at greater risk of developing antisocial behaviour...
- Do psychosocial variables predict weight loss or mental health after obesity surgery? A systematic reviewS Herpertz
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy, Westfälische Klinik Dortmund, Ruhr University Bochum, Marsbruchstrasse 179, 44287 Dortmund, Germany
Obes Res 12:1554-69. 2004..This systematic review included all controlled and noncontrolled trials of the last 2 decades with either a retrospective or prospective design and a follow-up period of at least 1 year...
- Lipoprotein metabolism in patients with anorexia nervosa: a case-control study investigating the mechanisms leading to hypercholesterolaemiaT Weinbrenner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Br J Nutr 91:959-69. 2004..The clinical subtype of AN plays a major role in the mechanisms leading to hypercholesterolaemia...
- Overweight and obesity in children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity DisorderK Holtkamp
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University of Aachen, Germany
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:685-9. 2004..The aim of our study was to assess if the prevalence of overweight and obesity is lower in a population of boys with ADHD in comparison with the German healthy male reference population of the same age...
- [Eating disorders--diagnosis and treatment]T Legenbauer
Abteilung für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, LWL Klinik Dortmund, Universitätsklinikum der Ruhr Universität Bochum, Marsbruchstr 179, 44225 Dortmund
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:961-5. 2008..The course is variable and marked by changes between remission and clinically relevant symptoms. Psychotherapy is the treatment of choice...