Affiliation: University of Giessen
- Dispositional cognitive reappraisal modulates the neural correlates of fear acquisition and extinctionAndrea Hermann
Department of Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience and Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Otto Behaghel Strasse 10F, 35394 Giessen, Germany Electronic address
Neurobiol Learn Mem 113:115-24. 2014..These results point to the important role of dispositional cognitive reappraisal in the development and modification of conditioned emotional responses and might further improve our understanding of anxiety disorders. ..
- Functional gene polymorphisms in the serotonin system and traumatic life events modulate the neural basis of fear acquisition and extinctionAndrea Hermann
Department of Psychotherapy and Systems Neuroscience, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e44352. 2012....
- Diminished medial prefrontal cortex activity in blood-injection-injury phobiaAndrea Hermann
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, University of Giessen, Otto Behaghel Str 10 H, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Biol Psychol 75:124-30. 2007..The latter response component might be a result of the elevated disgust sensitivity of BII phobics...
- Emotion regulation in spider phobia: role of the medial prefrontal cortexAndrea Hermann
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, University of Giessen, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 4:257-67. 2009..These two forms of phobic emotion regulation deficits are associated with altered activity in different medial prefrontal cortex subregions...
- fMRI responses to pictures of mutilation and contaminationAnne Schienle
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, University of Giessen, Otto Behaghel Str 10, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Neurosci Lett 393:174-8. 2006..Our results are in disagreement with the idea of selective disgust processing at the insula. They point to a network of brain regions involved in the decoding of stimulus salience and the regulation of attention...
- Social anxiety modulates amygdala activation during social conditioningTanja Pejic
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Otto Behagel Strasse 10H, Giessen, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 8:267-76. 2013..In sum, we were able to show that social anxiety is related to conditionability with socially threatening stimuli. This could point to an important aspect in the aetiology of social anxiety disorder...
- Gender commonalities and differences in the neural processing of visual sexual stimuliSina Wehrum
Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
J Sex Med 10:1328-42. 2013..Also, most of these studies only compared sexual with neutral stimuli, making it difficult to disentangle sexual stimulus processing from general emotional processing...
- Self-referential and anxiety-relevant information processing in subclinical social anxiety: an fMRI studyAnna Abraham
Department of Clinical Psychology, Justus Liebig University of Giessen, Otto Behagel Strasse 10F, 35394 Giessen, Germany
Brain Imaging Behav 7:35-48. 2013..The divergence between the findings is explored in detail with reference to paradigm differences and conceptual issues...
- Symptom provocation and reduction in patients suffering from spider phobia: an fMRI study on exposure therapyAnne Schienle
Clinical Psychology, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, Universitätsplatz 2 III, 8010 Graz, Austria
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 257:486-93. 2007..This brain region is crucial for the self-regulation of emotions and the relearning of stimulus-reinforcement associations...