Affiliation: University of Trier
- Effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine complex (PAS) on the endocrine and psychological responses to mental stressJ Hellhammer
Neuropattern, Trier, Germany
Stress 7:119-26. 2004..These data provide initial evidence for a selective stress dampening effect of PAS on the pituitary-adrenal axis, suggesting the potential of PAS in the treatment of stress related disorders...
- Allostatic load, perceived stress, and health: a prospective study in two age groupsJ Hellhammer
Department of Psychobiology, Trier University, D 54290 Trier, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1032:8-13. 2004..We propose a protective role of the hypocortisolemic stress response on cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, particularly in the elderly...
- Several daily measurements are necessary to reliably assess the cortisol rise after awakening: state- and trait componentsJ Hellhammer
Department of Psychobiology, University of Trier, D 54295 Trier, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:80-6. 2007....
- Neuropattern: a new translational tool to detect and treat stress pathology I. Strategical considerationD Hellhammer
Center of Psychobiological and Psychosomatic Research, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Stress 15:479-87. 2012..Neuropattern can easily be implemented in routine clinical work, and helps the physician to individualize those therapeutic interventions that are already available...
- Dietary modification of brain function: effects on neuroendocrine and psychological determinants of mental health- and stress-related disordersA R Waladkhani
Adv Clin Chem 45:99-138. 2008..Thus, dietary modification may become a valuable tool to modify the susceptibility to stress and stress-related disorders...