Affiliation: University of Cologne
- New tools in the box: an evolutionary synopsis of chromatin insulatorsPeter Heger
Cologne Biocenter, Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Zülpicher Straße 47A, 50674 Koln, Germany Electronic address
Trends Genet 30:161-71. 2014..Although speculative at the moment, such coevolution might create tools for complex gene regulation and therefore influence the evolutionary roadmaps of metazoans. ..
- Successive gain of insulator proteins in arthropod evolutionPeter Heger
Cologne Biocenter, Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Zülpicher Straße 47A, 50674 Koln, Germany
Evolution 67:2945-56. 2013..Expansion of insulator systems may therefore be a general strategy to increase an organism's gene regulatory repertoire and its potential for morphological plasticity. ..
- The chromatin insulator CTCF and the emergence of metazoan diversityPeter Heger
Institute for Genetics, Cologne Biocenter, University of Cologne, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:17507-12. 2012..Such a kernel could explain (i) the formation of Hox clusters in Bilateria, (ii) the diversity of bilaterian body plans, and (iii) the uniqueness and time of onset of the Cambrian explosion...
- Loss of the insulator protein CTCF during nematode evolutionPeter Heger
Zoological Institute, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 15, 50937 Koln, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 10:84. 2009..We therefore searched in nematodes for orthologs of proteins that are involved in chromatin insulation...
- Conservation of MAP kinase activity and MSP genes in parthenogenetic nematodesPeter Heger
Zoological Institute, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 10:51. 2010..How oocyte-to-embryo transition is triggered in parthenogenetic nematode species that lack sperm, is not known...