Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- The physiological scavenger receptor function of hepatic sinusoidal endothelial and Kupffer cells is independent of scavenger receptor class A type I and IIBerit Hansen
Department of Experimental Pathology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Mol Cell Biochem 240:1-8. 2002..We conclude from these findings that SR-Al/lI is of minor importance in the plasma clearance of physiological as well as foreign SR-ligands...
- Advanced glycation end products impair the scavenger function of rat hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cellsB Hansen
Department of Experimental Pathology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Diabetologia 45:1379-88. 2002..The aim of this study was to investigate further the mechanism whereby AGE-modified protein affects the important scavenger function of hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cells...
- Serglycin secreted by leukocytes is efficiently eliminated from the circulation by sinusoidal scavenger endothelial cells in the liverI Oynebråten
Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
J Leukoc Biol 67:183-8. 2000....
- Serum is a rich source of ligands for the scavenger receptor of hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cellsBerit Hansen
Department of Experimental Pathology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
Mol Cell Biochem 229:63-72. 2002..The inhibitory power of pre-heated serum is particularly great. For this reason pre-heated serum should be used with caution in studies of SR in SEC...
- Expression of stabilin-2, a novel fasciclin-like hyaluronan receptor protein, in murine sinusoidal endothelia, avascular tissues, and at solid/liquid interfacesMartin Falkowski
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Allergology, University Medical Center Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68135, Mannheim, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 120:361-9. 2003....
- Stabilin-1 localizes to endosomes and the trans-Golgi network in human macrophages and interacts with GGA adaptorsJulia Kzhyshkowska
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 76:1151-61. 2004....
- Stabilin-1 and stabilin-2 are both directed into the early endocytic pathway in hepatic sinusoidal endothelium via interactions with clathrin/AP-2, independent of ligand bindingBerit Hansen
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Exp Cell Res 303:160-73. 2005..In conclusion, hepatic stabilins are both present in the early endocytic pathway, associating with clathrin/AP-2, but whereas stabilin-2 has a clear scavenging profile, stabilin-1 does not recognize these ligands...