Affiliation: University of Cologne
- Cannabis, vulnerability, and the onset of schizophrenia: an epidemiological perspectiveM Hambrecht
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Germany
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 34:468-75. 2000..Previous studies have mostly included chronic patients or samples with mixed stages of the psychotic illness...
- [A psychological early intervention program for the prepsychotic prodromal state. A case report]A Bechdolf
Früherkennungs und Therapiezentrum für psychische Krisen FETZ, Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Universität zu Köln, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, 50924 Köln
Nervenarzt 74:436-9. 2003..During the treatment period of 1 year, social deterioration and prepsychotic and psychotic symptoms were prevented...
- A randomized comparison of group cognitive-behavioural therapy and group psychoeducation in patients with schizophreniaA Bechdolf
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Acta Psychiatr Scand 110:21-8. 2004..Although the efficacy of cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) in schizophrenia has been established in a number of studies, no information is available on the differential efficacy of CBT in comparison with patient psychoeducation (PE)...
- Differences in substance abuse patterns: multiple drug abuse alone versus schizophrenia with multiple drug abuseM Lammertink
Diakoniekrankenhaus Rotenburg, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Elise-Averdieck-Strasse 17, , Germany
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:361-6. 2001..Instead, the differences in lifetime consumption of certain drugs might be a result of lower social competence and standing in schizophrenic patients and lower ability to procure certain illicit drugs...
- Transnational stability of gender differences in schizophrenia? An analysis based on the WHO study on determinants of outcome of severe mental disordersM Hambrecht
Schizophrenia Research Unit, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Federal Republic of Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 242:6-12. 1992..This investigation supports the transcultural validity of gender differences found in the German ABC-Schizophrenia-Study and in the Danish-German Psychiatric Case Register studies...
- A second case of schizophrenia in the family: is it observed differently?M Hambrecht
Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:267-9. 1995..The results only partly support the hypothesis that already-affected families tend to deny a second case. A contrast effect of the first psychosis over the second case (as long as it is prepsychotic) appears to be plausible also...
- [First manifestation of psychosis]M Hambrecht
, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie, Evang, Krankenhaus Elisabethenstift, Landgraf-Georg-Str. 100, D-64287 Darmstadt
MMW Fortschr Med 150:51. 2008