Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Autoimmune enteric leiomyositis: a rare cause of chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction with specific morphological featuresSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, Germany
Hum Pathol 36:576-80. 2005..Therefore, correct diagnosis may be missed in peroral and peranal mucosal biopsies, but full-thickness biopsies are required...
- Expression of cell cycle proteins in head and neck cancer correlates with tumor site rather than tobacco useS Haas
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Mannheim, Germany
Oral Oncol 38:618-23. 2002..Our results implicate that there are factors other than tobacco consumption which may influence the development of head and neck cancers at distinct tumor sites...
- [Langerhans' cell histiocytosis of the liver. Differential diagnosis of a rare chronic destructive sclerosing cholangitis]S Haas
Institut fur Pathologie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn
Pathologe 24:119-23. 2003..Therefore, LCH is an important differential diagnosis of chronic destructive cholangitis with cholestatic liver disease, especially in children and young adults. The diagnosis can be verified by S-100 and CD1a immunohistochemistry...
- Expression of heregulin, phosphorylated HER-2, HER-3 and HER-4 in HER-2 negative breast cancersSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Oncol Rep 21:299-304. 2009..Our results cannot support the hypothesis of a transactivation of HER-2 and thus a possible therapeutic benefit of trastuzumab in HER-2 negative breast cancers...
- Influence of preoperative core biopsies on uPA/PAI-1 expression in breast cancer tissueSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53127, Bonn, Germany
Virchows Arch 452:277-83. 2008..Tissue specimen for ELISA analysis should not be taken from the tumor area around the biopsy channel in the resection specimen...
- Expression of xenobiotic and steroid hormone metabolizing enzymes in human breast carcinomasSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Street 25, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Int J Cancer 119:1785-91. 2006..They particularly suggest that GST mu and pi expression may indicate a better prognosis and that strong CYP3A4/5 and CYP1B1 expression may be key features of nonfavourable prognosis...
- Intrahepatic clear cell cholangiocarcinoma: immunohistochemical aspects in a very rare type of cholangiocarcinomaSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, FRG
Am J Surg Pathol 31:902-6. 2007..As CD56 expression is also found in reactive bile ducts and bile duct adenomas, one may speculate that these rare neoplasms may originate from reactive bile ducts or cholangiomatous lesions...
- Expression of xenobiotic and steroid hormone metabolizing enzymes in hepatocellular tumors of the non-cirrhotic liverSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 205:716-25. 2009..Therefore, reduced expression of GST alpha and CYP3A4 may indicate specific metabolic defects in the tumor tissue characterizing subgroups of HCA and HCC...
- Down regulation and nuclear localization of human beta-defensin-1 in pleomorphic adenomas of salivary glandsAnnette Pantelis
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Surgery, University of Bonn, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Oral Oncol 45:526-30. 2009..These data support the hypothesis that hBD-1 might be a potential tumor suppressor also in benign salivary gland tumors in addition to other genetic alterations...
- Detection of HPV 52, 58 and 87 in cervicovaginal intraepithelial lesions of HIV infected womenSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, D-53127 Bonn, Germany
Int J Mol Med 16:815-9. 2005..Our results indicate the inclusion of otherwise rare HPV types in screening programs for HIV positive and immunosuppressed patients...
- A novel polymorphism in the promoter region of ERBB4 is associated with breast and colorectal cancer riskMatjaz Rokavec
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:7506-14. 2007..To understand the role of genetic variations in the regulation of ERBB4 expression, we identified new polymorphisms and investigated their functional implication and risk association with breast and colorectal cancer...
- Heterogeneity of breast cancer associations with five susceptibility loci by clinical and pathological characteristicsMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Marylan, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000054. 2008..Understanding the etiologic heterogeneity of breast cancer may ultimately result in improvements in prevention, early detection, and treatment...
- Investigation of genetic variants of genes of the hemochromatosis pathway and their role in breast cancerBenny K Abraham
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1102-7. 2005..032). Our data suggest that variants of the hemochromatosis-transferrin receptor system have no direct effect on the incidence of breast cancer in Germany. Possible effects on tumor progression and prognosis remain elusive...
- The CYP1B1_1358_GG genotype is associated with estrogen receptor-negative breast cancerChristina Justenhoven
Molecular Mechanisms of Origin and Treatment of Breast Cancer, Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, 70376, Stuttgart, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 111:171-7. 2008..We conclude that the CYP1B1_1358_A>G polymorphism has an impact on ERalpha status in breast cancer in that the CYP1B1_1358_GG genotype known to encode higher CYP1B1 activity is associated with ERalpha negativity...