Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- Optical deformability as an inherent cell marker for testing malignant transformation and metastatic competenceJochen Guck
Institute for Soft Matter Physics, Department of Physics and Geosciences, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Biophys J 88:3689-98. 2005..This suggests using optical deformability as an inherent cell marker for basic cell biological investigation and diagnosis of disease...
- Quantifying the contribution of actin networks to the elastic strength of fibroblastsRevathi Ananthakrishnan
Institute for Soft Matter Physics, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Theor Biol 242:502-16. 2006....
- Optical rheology of biological cellsFalk Wottawah
Institute for Soft Matter Physics, University of Leipzig, , 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Phys Rev Lett 94:098103. 2005..Mechanical stimuli on time scales of minutes trigger active structural responses...
- High-throughput rheological measurements with an optical stretcherBryan Lincoln
Institut für Experimentelle Physik I, Universitat Leipzig, Linnestrasse 5, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Methods Cell Biol 83:397-423. 2007..This chapter details the setup and use of the microfluidic OS, the analysis and interpretation of data, and the results of a typical experiment...
- Deformability-based flow cytometryBryan Lincoln
Institute for Soft Matter Physics, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Cytometry A 59:203-9. 2004..This could be used for the diagnosis of all diseases, and the investigation of all cellular processes, that affect the cytoskeleton...
- Oral cancer diagnosis by mechanical phenotypingTorsten W Remmerbach
Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Cancer Res 69:1728-32. 2009..It could in principle be applied to any cancer to aid conventional diagnostic procedures...
- Characterizing single suspended cells by optorheologyFalk Wottawah
Institute for Soft Matter Physics, Department of Physics and Geosciences, University of Leipzig, , 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Acta Biomater 1:263-71. 2005..This carries the potential for using the microfluidic optical stretcher to investigate cellular processes involving the cytoskeleton and to diagnose diseases related to cytoskeletal alterations...
- Excitation beyond the monochromatic laser limit: simultaneous 3-D confocal and multiphoton microscopy with a tapered fiber as white-light laser sourceTimo Betz
Universitat Leipzig, Fakultat fur Physik und Geowissenschaften, Linnestrasse 5, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Biomed Opt 10:054009. 2005..By developing a coherent and intense laser source with spectral width comparable to a mercury lamp, we provide the flexibility to excite any desired fluorophore combination...
- Reconfigurable microfluidic integration of a dual-beam laser trap with biomedical applicationsBryan Lincoln
Institut für Experimentalphysik I, Universitat Leipzig, Linnestr 5, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Biomed Microdevices 9:703-10. 2007..Possible applications include the cytological diagnosis of cancer and the gentle and marker-free sorting of stem cells from heterogeneous populations for therapeutic cell-based approaches in regenerative medicine...
- Viscoelastic properties of individual glial cells and neurons in the CNSYun-bi Lu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Yan An Road 353, Hangzhou 310031, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17759-64. 2006....
- Muller cells are living optical fibers in the vertebrate retinaKristian Franze
Paul Flechsig Institute of Brain Research, Universitat Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8287-92. 2007..This finding elucidates a fundamental feature of the inverted retina as an optical system and ascribes a new function to glial cells...