Oliver J Gruss
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- The mechanism of spindle assembly: functions of Ran and its target TPX2Oliver J Gruss
Cell Biology and Biophysics Program, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg 69117, Germany
J Cell Biol 166:949-55. 2004..We review the current knowledge on the Ran downstream targets for spindle assembly and we focus on the multiple roles of TPX2, one of the targets of RanGTP during cell division...
- Cdk11 is a RanGTP-dependent microtubule stabilization factor that regulates spindle assembly rateHideki Yokoyama
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg 69117, Germany
J Cell Biol 180:867-75. 2008..Our results indicate that Cdk11 is responsible for RanGTP-dependent MT stabilization around chromosomes and that this local stabilization is essential for normal rates of spindle assembly and spindle function...
- Chromosome-induced microtubule assembly mediated by TPX2 is required for spindle formation in HeLa cellsOliver J Gruss
EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69 117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 4:871-9. 2002..This indicates that chromosome-induced microtubule production is a general requirement for the formation of functional spindles in animal cells...
- Importin alpha-regulated nucleation of microtubules by TPX2Christoph A Schatz
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D-69117 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 22:2060-70. 2003..The data suggest that the critical early function in spindle formation regulated by importin alpha is TPX2-mediated microtubule nucleation...
- The Ran GTPase as a marker of chromosome position in spindle formation and nuclear envelope assemblyMartin Hetzer
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 4:E177-84. 2002..Ran functions in these events as a signal for chromosome position...
- Human TPX2 is required for targeting Aurora-A kinase to the spindleThomas A Kufer
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 158:617-23. 2002..We propose that human TPX2 is required for targeting Aurora-A kinase to the spindle apparatus. In turn, Aurora-A might regulate the function of TPX2 during spindle assembly...
- EML3 is a nuclear microtubule-binding protein required for the correct alignment of chromosomes in metaphaseJustus Tegha-Dunghu
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 121:1718-26. 2008..Our proteomic identification screen combined with sensitive phenotypic analysis therefore provides a reliable platform for the identification and characterisation of proteins important for correct cell division...
- A centriole- and RanGTP-independent spindle assembly pathway in meiosis I of vertebrate oocytesJulien Dumont
UMR7622, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 75005 Paris, France
J Cell Biol 176:295-305. 2007..These findings suggest that a mechanism common to vertebrates promotes meiosis I spindle formation in the absence of chromatin-induced microtubule production and centriole-based microtubule organizing centers...
- Dephosphorylation of survival motor neurons (SMN) by PPM1G/PP2Cgamma governs Cajal body localization and stability of the SMN complexSebastian Petri
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 179:451-65. 2007..Our data suggest that an interplay between PPM1G and unrip determine compartment-specific phosphorylation patterns, localization, and function of the SMN complex...