Affiliation: University of Kiel
- Randomized study to compare PTA alone versus PTA with Palmaz stent placement for femoropopliteal lesionsJ Grimm
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, A Heller Str 9, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:935-42. 2001....
- [Comparison of biphasic spiral CT and MnDPDP-enhanced MRI in the detection and characterization of liver lesions]J Grimm
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, CAU Kiel
Rofo 173:266-72. 2001..To evaluate the efficacy of biphasic spiral CT and MnDPDP (Teslascan, Nycomed Amersham) enhanced MR imaging to detect and classify liver lesions...
- Characterization of ultrasmall magnetite [correction of paramagnetic magnetite] particles as superparamagnetic contrast agents in MRIJ Grimm
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Christian Albrects Universität zu Kiel, Germany
Invest Radiol 35:553-6. 2000..Very small dextran-coated magnetite particles were developed. These particles can be used either as immunospecific contrast agents for MRI by coupling to antibodies or as an interstitial contrast agent...
- Evaluation of hydroxyapatite implants in vertebral bodies and extremities by contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingJ Grimm
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 121:158-61. 2001..This might hinder integration into the bone structure and the blood supply. SNR of the HA margin was higher than centrally, which might be due to granulomatous tissue after trauma and/or operation or beginning marginal integration...
- Comparison of the mechanical thrombectomy efficacy of the Amplatz thrombectomy device and the Cragg thrombolytic brush in vitroJ Grimm
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie an der Christian Albrechts Universität zu Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Invest Radiol 36:204-9. 2001..To determine the efficacy of thrombectomy (without thrombolytic agents) for the Amplatz thrombectomy device (ATD) and the Cragg thrombolytic brush catheter (CBC) in vitro...
- [Early results with a monorail-stent-balloon device for endovascular treatment of renal artery stenosis]S Muller-Hulsbeck
Universitatsklinikum Kiel, Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Germany
Rofo 174:335-41. 2002..To evaluate the technical feasibility of a new monorail-stent-balloon device for treatment of renal artery stenosis (RAS)...
- Percutaneous management of occlusive arterial disease associated with vasculitis: a single center experienceM Both
Department of Radiology, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:19-26. 2003..9%. Interventional therapy in systemic vasculitis provides promising results in technical success rates and followup. Angioplasty may result in arterial injury, but the rate of complications is low...
- Mechanical thrombectomy of major and massive pulmonary embolism with use of the Amplatz thrombectomy deviceS Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
Invest Radiol 36:317-22. 2001..To evaluate the feasibility of mechanical thrombectomy with the Amplatz thrombectomy device (ATD) in restoring patency of acutely thrombosed pulmonary arteries resulting from pulmonary embolism for the improvement of patient outcome...
- [Alar ligaments: radiological aspects in the diagnosis of patients with whiplash injuries]C Muhle
Klinik für Nuklearmedizin, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Germany
Rofo 174:416-22. 2002..Isolated ruptures of the alar ligaments are best visualized on MRI. In patients with chronic impairments after whiplash injuries changes of the alar ligaments on MRI must be differentiated from normal variants in healthy individuals...
- Comparison of in vitro effectiveness of mechanical thrombectomy devicesS Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1185-91. 2001..To determine the in vitro efficacy of clot removal of the following hydrodynamic thrombectomy devices: the AngioJet (AJ), Hydrolyser (HL), Oasis (OS), and Amplatz Thrombectomy Device (ATD). All devices have 6-F catheters...
- Flow patterns from metallic vascular endoprostheses: in vitro resultsS Muller-Hulsbeck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Eur Radiol 11:893-901. 2001..Since flow disturbances and pressure gradients may influence neointimal hyperplasia, stent design and completeness of stent expansion are important factors regarding the appearance of thrombus formation and postinterventional restenosis...
- [Sensitivity of MRI in detecting alveolar Infiltrates: Experimental studies]J Biederer
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Kiel, Germany
Rofo 174:1033-9. 2002..An experimental study using porcine lung explants and a dedicated chest phantom to evaluate the signal intensity of artificial alveolar infiltrates with T 1 - and T 2 -weighted MRI sequences...
- [Mechanical brush-catheter abrasion method for the isolation and culture of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. First in vitro results]M Priebe
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Institut fur Anatomie, Kiel, Germany
Rofo 173:955-8. 2001..Mechanical brush-catheter abrasion method for the isolation and culture of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. First in vitro results...
- Quantitation of renal perfusion using arterial spin labeling with FAIR-UFLAREN Karger
Klinikum an der CAU zu Kiel, Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Michaelisstr 9, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Magn Reson Imaging 18:641-7. 2000....
- [In-vitro comparison of the effectiveness of different high-speed rotatory catheters]S Muller-Hulsbeck
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie der Christian Albrechts Universität zu Kiel
Rofo 175:406-12. 2003..To determine the in vitro effectiveness of the Amplatz and Rotarex catheters for thrombus fragmentation and combined thrombus fragmentation and aspiration...
- [In vitro comparison of a size 6F and 8F high-speed rotational catheter for mechanical thrombus fragmentation]S Muller-Hulsbeck
Klinik für Radiologische Diagnostik der Christian Albrechts Universität zu Kiel
Rofo 170:94-8. 1999..In vitro comparison of the 6F and 8F Amplatz thrombectomy device (ATD) for treatment of thrombotically occluded vessels in a flow-model...
- [First results after implantation of the new balloon-expanded Bridge-Stent into the iliac artery]S Muller-Hulsbeck
Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum, Christian Albrechts Universitat Kiel
Rofo 172:836-41. 2000..To determine the success and patency rates of the new, balloon-expandable Bridge-stents for treatment of occlusions and stenoses of iliac arteries...
- Selective water excitation for faster MR imaging of articular cartilage defects: initial clinical resultsA Mohr
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:686-9. 2003..14-0.8). The WE 3D FLASH MR imaging seems to be promising for fast imaging of articular cartilage lesions of the knee...
- Analysis of artefacts and detail resolution of lung MRI with breath-hold T1-weighted gradient-echo and T2-weighted fast spin-echo sequences with respiratory triggeringJ Biederer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 9, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:378-84. 2002..Both sequences were found to be complementary: superior identification of gross lung anatomy with T1-weighted GRE and higher detail resolution in the periphery and the mediastinum with T2--weighted TSE...
- Treatment of infrapopliteal occlusive disease by high-speed rotational atherectomy: initial and mid-term resultsT Jahnke
, , Uniklinik Regensburg, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:221-6. 2001..Therefore, HSRA cannot be recommended for primary treatment of this type of lesion...
- [Molecular imaging in rheumatoid arthritis]A Wunder
Center for Molecular Imaging Research Massachusetts, General Hospital Havard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Z Rheumatol 62:II33-6. 2003..Therefore, the choice of the imaging modality for molecular imaging depends on the questions that need to be answered. This review discusses the potential of imaging modalities for molecular imaging in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- [Current state of molecular imaging research]J Grimm
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Rofo 177:326-37. 2005..This article comprises a review of current technologies of molecular imaging, describes the development of contrast agents and various imaging modalities, new applications in specific disease models, and potential future developments...
- Mouse models of human non-small-cell lung cancer: raising the barC F B Kim
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, 02139, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 70:241-50. 2005..Integrated thinking to apply technological advances while using the appropriate mouse model is likely to facilitate discoveries that will significantly improve lung cancer detection and intervention...