Affiliation: University Hospital
- Decision making in displaced fractures of the proximal humerus: fracture or surgeon based?Gertraud Gradl
Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Aachen Medical Center, Aachen, Germany
Int Orthop 39:329-34. 2015..The aim of this study was to analyse the factors that influence surgeon decision-making in the treatment of proximal humerus fractures that might be considered for arthroplasty or open reduction and internal fixation...
- [Fractures of the proximal humerus in the elderly : Osteosynthesis versus joint replacement]G Gradl
Klinik fur Unfall und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Klinikum der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074, Aachen, Deutschland
Orthopade 43:339-46. 2014..Expected changes in population demographics will have significant implications for society and health care provision for the treatment of proximal humeral fractures in the elderly...
- The functional outcome of acute scapholunate ligament repair in patients with intraarticular distal radius fractures treated by internal fixationGertraud Gradl
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Aachen, Pauwelstrasse 30, Aachen, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1281-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare functional outcome, pain, and disability between patients with operatively treated DRF and either an acute, repaired scapholunate ligament injury or no ligament injury...
- Biomechanical evaluation of locking plate fixation of proximal humeral fractures augmented with calcium phosphate cementGertraud Gradl
Department of Trauma Surgery, University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Orthop Trauma 27:399-404. 2013..To evaluate the influence of calcium phosphate cement augmentation on failure of locking plate fixation of proximal humeral fracture fixation in a cadaveric fracture model...
- Corrective osteotomy of the distal radius following failed internal fixationGertraud Gradl
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Aachen, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:1173-9. 2013..The purpose of this study was to quantify the clinical and radiographic outcomes after corrective osteotomy for malunions of the distal radius following failed internal fixation...
- Non-bridging external fixation employing multiplanar K-wires versus volar locked plating for dorsally displaced fractures of the distal radiusGeorg Gradl
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Surgical Clinic University of Rostock, Schillingallee 35, Rostock, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 133:595-602. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare non-bridging external fixation to palmar angular stable plating with respect to radiological outcome, wrist function, and quality of life...
- Rotationally stable screw-anchor versus sliding hip screw plate systems in stable trochanteric femur fractures: a biomechanical evaluationMatthias Knobe
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, University of Aachen Medical Center, Aachen, Germany
J Orthop Trauma 27:e127-36. 2013..This investigation tested the hypothesis whether RoSA is advantageous over the sliding hip screw plate system (SHS) with regard to stiffness, failure load, displacement, and migration in stable trochanteric femur fractures (OTA 31A1.1)...
- Radiographic diagnosis of scapholunate dissociation among intra-articular fractures of the distal radius: interobserver reliabilityGertraud Gradl
Department for Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Aachen Medical Center, Aachen, Germany
J Hand Surg Am 38:1685-90. 2013..To evaluate the reliability and accuracy of diagnosis of scapholunate dissociation (SLD) among AO type C (compression articular) fractures of the distal radius...
- Locking plate fixation of humeral head fractures with a telescoping screw. A comparative biomechanical study versus a standard plateGertraud Gradl
Department for Trauma Surgery, University of Aachen, Germany
Injury 43:734-8. 2012..Screw in screw fixation of the greater tubercle may reduce the rate of cranial displacement...
- Unstable intertrochanteric femur fractures: is there a consensus on definition and treatment in Germany?Matthias Knobe
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, 30 Pauwelsstreet, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:2831-40. 2013..Extramedullary and intramedullary implants have improved in recent years, although consensus is lacking concerning the definition and classification of unstable intertrochanteric fractures, with uncertainties regarding treatment...
- Intramedullary nail versus volar plate fixation of extra-articular distal radius fractures. Two year results of a prospective randomized trialGertraud Gradl
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Aachen University Medical Center, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Injury 45:S3-8. 2014..4-mm volar locking plate fixation or intramedullary nail fixation of unstable dorsally displaced extra-articular fractures of the distal radius...
- Surgical site infection in orthopaedic oncologyGertraud Gradl
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Aachen, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 96:223-30. 2014..This study addressed risk factors for surgical site infection in patients who had undergone orthopaedic oncology surgical procedures...
- Upper extremity periarticular fractures: when should they be fixed and when should they be replaced?Gertraud Gradl
Department for Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
J Orthop Trauma 25:S86-9. 2011..Selection criteria were relevance of data, number of cases greater than 20, and comparability of results...