Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Subunit movements in membrane-integrated EF0F1 during ATP synthesis detected by single-molecule spectroscopyBoris Zimmermann
Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Institut fur Physikalische Chemie, Albertstrasse 23a, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1757:311-9. 2006..We conclude that this reflects a movement of the epsilon-subunit during active/inactive transition...
- Time-dependent FRET with single enzymes: domain motions and catalysis in H(+)-ATP synthasesRoland Bienert
Department of Physical Chemistry, University of Freiburg, Albertstrasse 23a, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Chemphyschem 12:510-7. 2011..In addition to the three conformational states during catalysis, also an inactive conformation is found, which is observed after catalysis...
- The thermodynamic H+/ATP ratios of the H+-ATPsynthases from chloroplasts and Escherichia coliStefan Steigmiller
Institut fur Physikalische Chemie, Universitat Freiburg, Albertstrasse 23a, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3745-50. 2008..0 +/- 0.2 for the chloroplast and H(+)/ATP = 4.0 +/- 0.3 for the E. coli enzyme, indicating that the thermodynamic H(+)/ATP ratio is the same for both enzymes and that it is different from the subunit stoichiometric ratio...
- Subunit movements in single membrane-bound H+-ATP synthases from chloroplasts during ATP synthesisRoland Bienert
Department of Physical Chemistry, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 284:36240-7. 2009..Two inactive states of the enzyme are identified: one in the presence of AMPPNP and one in the presence of ADP...
- Proton transport coupled ATP synthesis by the purified yeast H+ -ATP synthase in proteoliposomesKathrin Förster
Institut fur Physikalische Chemie, Universitat Freiburg, Albertstrasse 23a, Freiburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:1828-37. 2010..The dependence of the turnover on the phosphate concentration and the dependence of K(M) on pH(out) indicated that the substrate for ATP synthesis is the monoanionic phosphate species H₂PO⁻₄...
- Chemiosmotic ATP synthesis in photosynthetically inactive chromoplasts from Narcissus pseudonarcissus L. linked to a redox pathway potentially also involved in carotene desaturationLucia Morstadt
Zentrum für Angewandte Biowissenschaften, Universitat Freiburg, Schanzlestrasse 1, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Planta 215:134-40. 2002....
- Binding of the b-subunit in the ATP synthase from Escherichia coliManuel Diez
Institut für Physikalische Chemie der Universität Freiburg, Albertstrasse 23a, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Biochemistry 43:1054-64. 2004..Models in which energy transduction takes place in at least two steps are favored...