Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Quantitative trait linkage analysis of longitudinal change in body weightAstrid Golla
Institut fur Medizinische Biometrie, Informatik und Epidemiologie, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
BMC Genet 4:S7. 2003..We conclude that the chromosome 8 region may harbor a gene acting on long-term body weight regulation, thereby contributing to the development of the metabolic syndrome...
- Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis (CRMO): evidence for a susceptibility gene located on chromosome 18q21.3-18q22Astrid Golla
Abteilung Medizinische Genetik der Kinderklinik und Kinderpoliklinik im Dr von Haunerschen Kinderspital, Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 10:217-21. 2002..Mutation screening in RANK and the genes PIGN and KIAA1468 led to detection of two variants (one in RANK and one in PIGN), which are in linkage disequilibrium with the rare D18S60 allele, but not independently associated with CRMO...
- Genetic analysis of phenotypes derived from longitudinal data: Presentation Group 1 of Genetic Analysis Workshop 13Konstantin Strauch
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics, and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Genet Epidemiol 25:S5-17. 2003..Haseman-Elston regression methods, applied to the same phenotype, had low power, but the above-mentioned chromosome 5 locus was not included in this analysis...
- Family-based association studies of alpha-adrenergic receptor genes in chromosomal regions with linkage to bipolar affective disorderRami Abou Jamra
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Wilhelmstrasse 31, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 126:79-81. 2004..Using the Transmission Disequilibrium Test (TDT), no significant differences in transmissions were observed for any of the three ADRA genes...
- Genome-wide scan and fine-mapping linkage study of androgenetic alopecia reveals a locus on chromosome 3q26Axel M Hillmer
Department of Genomics, Life and Brain Center, University of Bonn, D 53127 Bonn, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 82:737-43. 2008..97 (empirical p value = 0.00055). This is the first step toward the identification of new susceptibility genes in AGA, a process which will provide important insights into the molecular and cellular basis of scalp hair loss...
- MRX42: two linkage intervals, one in the pericentromeric region and one in Xq26, and the impact for carrier risk estimationAstrid Golla
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Med Genet 107:18-25. 2002..Carrier risk estimation using pedigree and haplotype data for five females at risk is presented, and the difficulties of prenatal diagnosis given linkage to two different regions is discussed...
- Heritability of carotid artery atherosclerotic lesions: an ultrasound study in 154 familiesSusanna Moskau
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Bonn, Sigmund-Freud-Str. 25, D-53105 Bonn, Germany
Stroke 36:5-8. 2005..This makes IMT a promising candidate for use as an intermediate phenotype in genetic studies aiming to identify novel genes for atherosclerosis...